My stock Galaxy Note 4 is stuck on the Verizon logo, how do I move past this?

A

AC Question

stock galaxy note 4 stuck on verizon logo

I have a stock galaxy note 4 that I was using and thenow got the new s6. I factory reset the note 4 and gave it to my wife who now complains all the time as the screen will randomly blackout and occasionally will reboot in the middle of the night and get stuck on the verizon logo during boot. The note 4 is currently using stock 5.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: stock galaxy note 4 stuck on verizon logo

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686.

Has she installed different apps from the ones you usually use? If so, it's possible one of her apps is causing some instability. Also consider unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage​) and removing it, since a corrupt card can cause various issues.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same reboot problem. I typically put it on the charger overnight and about 70% of the time when I wake up, it is stuck on the red Verizon boot screen at about 30% brightness, it requires a battery pull to get it back. This all started after I updated to Lollipop and did a full factory reset, it never did this with Kit Kat. I notice that the battery has charged to around 90% when it reboots and gets stuck at the logo screen. I have unmounted the SD card and replaced it with a new one, yet it continues to happen. I have wiped the cache partition numerous times. I'm baffled.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes, it still does it without the SD card. I have put the SD card back in since I need the extra storage but as an extra precaution, I have made sure that all apps are installed on the phone and none to the SD card.

anon(9437750)

May 4, 2015
Visit site

Try booting into recovery mode and wipe the system cache.
1) Turn off the phone
2) Press and hold the home button, volume up key, and power button at the same time and it should say RECOVERY MODE on the top left.
3) wait for the menu to load and use the volume up/down keys to navigate to wipe system cache and press the power button to select
4) Reboot the phone and let us know if the issue is still persistent.

EDIT: Just realized this advice was already given.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1