I'm new to android I need HELP with a lot of things, anyone?

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Im new to android I need HELP with a lot of things

I have a Note 4 International Factory unlocked Lollipop 5.0.1!
1) How can I change the volume from lock screen (I dont have any volume buttons on the window when i press on the power button for more than 3 sec)?
2) How com theres no notification when i have a new voicemail?
3)My email app (the regular one that comes with the preloaded apps not the gmail one) keeps telling me that sign-in failure?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Im new to android I need HELP with a lot of things

Welcome to Android Central!

I am going to get some help for this.

Edit: Perhaps a different email application might be helpful. I have seen many users have issues with the stock one. Bluemail on Play works quite well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Volume cannot be changed from the lock screen. You can unlock the screen to change the volume.

For voice mail issue, contact your carrier.

For the email, remove the account, clear cache and app data on email, and add the account again

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Have you set up the voicemail yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Volume cannot be changed from the lock screen. You can unlock the screen to change the volume.

For voice mail issue, contact your carrier.

For the email, remove the account, clear cache and app data on email, and add the account again

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

My Voicemail is fine cuz i have no problem with it on my iphone. My carrier wont help me cuz this phone is not carried by my carrier.
for my email i have already removed and deleted and re-added multiple times. for the first few days its fine but after a that the same problems accrues again.

isnt it such a hassle to enter password and then change the volume to mute.... there must be a faster way..... right?

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Have you set up the voicemail yet?

What do you mean setup?
on the phone or with the carrier?
I had the voicemail acct for over 7 yrs and i kno its working fine cuz i didnt have this problem when i was using my iphone.

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

I am going to get some help for this.

Edit: Perhaps a different email application might be helpful. I have seen many users have issues with the stock one. Bluemail on Play works quite well.

Thank you for answering my post! bcuz im so use to using iphone's pre installed apps i really kinda dont know anything :( i was just hoping all three of these problems just could resolved.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean setup?
on the phone or with the carrier?
I had the voicemail acct for over 7 yrs and i kno its working fine cuz i didnt have this problem when i was using my iphone.

Go to the dialer, hold down the number 1 and it will go to your voice mail and give you set up instructions. Im not sure if the way vm works on iPhone is different from Android as I've never had an iPhone before.

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Go to the dialer, hold down the number 1 and it will go to your voice mail and give you set up instructions. Im not sure if the way vm works on iPhone is different from Android as I've never had an iPhone before.

well I just checked already its not my setup on my carrier that cuzing this problem. I tried calling with another phone and leaving msgs on my inbox but i dont get any notification or even a text saying i have voicemail

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

well I just checked already its not my setup on my carrier that cuzing this problem. I tried calling with another phone and leaving msgs on my inbox but i dont get any notification or even a text saying i have voicemail
when you call the vm from the actual cellphone what happens?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for answering my post! bcuz im so use to using iphone's pre installed apps i really kinda dont know anything :( i was just hoping all three of these problems just could resolved.

Sorry about the delay....I went to sleep very shortly after posting. Here is the email app I was referring to: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.trtf.blue&token=IaF00eg6

For voicemail....I use Google Voice for voicemail. https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115061?hl=en

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

I'm on fido in Canada visual voicemail cost more here I just have a regular voicemail
On iPhone it just show a badge on The phone app and it will send u a text saying u have a voicemail but I don't get either here on my note

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power