Google Voice as default Voice mail not working

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Google Voice set as my default Voice mail (and prefer it this way) in the phone settings, but whenever someone leaves me a message I get the notification and actual message in the standard voice mail app that came with the phone.

My carrier is Verizon and I have called them but they were of no help.

Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

oserkb

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with a Galaxy S5 on Sprint. Driving me nuts. I don't get the text transcription either. I thought it was my phone so I went as far as removing Voice, doing a hard reset and then reinstalling. Nada. Would love a resolution or work around. I wonder if it has something to do with Hangouts. Thanks~

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
In Hangouts Settings > Messages make sure Show SMS & voicemail in Hangouts is unchecked.

In the Google Voice website, Settings > Phones make sure your cell number is listed, it is set to forward all calls to Google Voice and your choice of text or email notifications is selected.

Google Voicemail should now handle voicemail for both of your numbers. If not, contact your service provider and check that they are forwarding unanswered calls to Google Voice.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad