VZW Note 4 Do Not Disturb FB not complying

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Switched from TMo to VZW last week. Thus I had to get a new Note 4. Also my first exposure to lollipop. I use my phone as a bedside clock so it is important that all notifications stop during that time. Understand that the battery full notification is a bug right now but Facebook seems to be ignoring 'Do Not Disturb' sending notifications that light up the room all night long. Is there some setting that I am missing to make FB stop sending notifications in 'Do Not Disturb' mode? FWIW I manually put my phone in DND mode when I go to bed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for the reply. :) Yes that is what I resort to doing...putting it in Airplane Mode. I just thought maybe I was missing a setting. I know that the first iteration of Lollipop replaced Silent Mode with Interruptions. Then with the next iteration (current on my phone) it morphed into Do Not Disturb. I thought maybe I was missing a setting or perhaps it was a bit buggy yet. I am beginning to think that it is the FB app.
Thank you again.

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The answer is in your question, namely FB.... they have most likely DECIDED that you need those notifications all night long. It is a result after having taken ALL your personal data, pictures and even flat out spying on you I guess... ;)

P.s: Yes I have terminated my Facebook account....