How do I delete unsupported files from my picture gallery? They are no longer on my gmail account .

Nybackus

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I connected my phone and can see any files that I created, but I can't see the pictures on my "camera" which is where the "unsupported" pictures are showing up.

teddy318

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rex 123,

Been having the same trouble as you. Here's what I discovered:
1. Go to Gallery app
2. On the top right-hand corner, tap on the 3 vertical dots, which will display a list of things
3. Tap on "Content to Display"
4. Uncheck "Content on Picasa" - and this removed all the unsupported file photos!!

Make sure the only box ticked in "Content to Display" is the one next to "Content on Device"

Hope this works for ya ;)

Thanks Rex123 it the best........

Last edited by a moderator:

Babsy64

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. Are those unsupported images still showing up?
I tried the suggested method, except for clear data, because it said I would lose all data and I don't want to do that. So now what? I still have unsupported content aka pictures that I can't remove. Help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried the suggested method, except for clear data, because it said I would lose all data and I don't want to do that. So now what? I still have unsupported content aka pictures that I can't remove. Help!!

Welcome to Android Central! Clear Data for the Gallery app doesn't get rid of all of your photos. It only clears the Gallery's database. After you open it again, the system will rescan directories for photos to add back to the database, so the hope is that that unsupported content won't be added this time.

Babsy64

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so it's taken me a while to follow the last posts instructions, now I can't find gallery in my app manager! What the heck??

mimiminer1

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I have looked for the picas thing hooked to google I have went to accounts and hit google and it waits the it says unfortunately it has stopped. I have went to applicant manger and looked for the gallery and it isn't there use the google thing. and have looked for the picas app. and not there. I hooked the phone to the computer and brought up the pictures and still wouldn't let me delete them.
Please help it says they are saved under picas and un supported file this has never happened before . Please help me get of these there is almost 1500. thank you

Xfactir6674

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rex 123,

1. Go to Gallery app
2. On the top right-hand corner, tap on the 3 vertical dots, which will display a list of things
4. Uncheck "Content on Picasa" - and this removed all the unsupported file photos!!

Make sure the only box ticked in "Content to Display" is the one next to "Content on Device"

Omg thank u so much those files were actually pissing me off to no end

DJ Adams

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rex 123,

1. Go to Gallery app

Worked perfect!! Thank you so much!!

torou haundia

Nov 11, 2017
Visit site
Go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. Are those unsupported images still showing up?

This procedure will not delete my all images from gallery right

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This procedure will not delete my all images from gallery right

Welcome to Android Central! No, it only clears out the Gallery app's database. The image files are not affected, and when you open the Gallery app again, the phone will rescan all directories for images to add back to the Gallery database.