Fully discharge battery once a month?

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I know for Apple products, Apple recommends discharging the battery in their iPhones and iPads completely once a month down to 0 then charge to 100 percent to keep the battery fresh. Do you think it's good to do this with the Samsung batteries that come with the Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I know for Apple products, Apple recommends discharging the battery in their iPhones and iPads completely once a month down to 0 then charge to 100 percent to keep the battery fresh. Do you think it's good to do this with the Samsung batteries that come with the Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

For current batteries, I've actually read the opposite. That it's best to keep them between 20-80%. Lithium Ion batteries don't have the memory issue old nickel batteries used to have. I remember reading up until 3 or 4 years ago to condition batteries once a month, but it seems more recent articles say it's not important. In fact to do it too much can harm the battery.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
The only advantage anymore, if it still is even needed, is the battery and phone could get out of calibration and the battery show it had more or less than it really had and a total discharge would bring that calibration back in line.
Unless something goes wrong you can expect to get ~1000 charge cycles before a noticeable change in battery life. Fully discharging can actually lower that number. Starting a charge with the battery above 85% can actually lower that number.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay