Note 4 freezing and turning off

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
lately my note has turned off and wouldnt turn on. I've had to take out the battery to turn back on.I've already done a wipe cache partition. Any idea?

Posted via the Android Central App

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the late response, currently at work. But I have updated to lollipop on Verizon when it came out. About a day later after the update, I did a factory reset. Everything seemed fine but this has happened the second time in less than a week. I'm going to try the "safe mode" when I get home. I've never done that, but does the phone tell me something is wrong in safe mode? It's not like it happens all of the time. Also, if I take it to the s store in best buy, how are they going to "diagnose" the issue if it doesn't happen all of the time?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone won't tell you if something is wrong in Safe Mode--instead, Safe Mode might result in the absence of a problem. Since it's preventing 3rd party apps from starting, the problem should go away if it's due to a 3rd party app.

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
So I would have to use my phone for however long until it just turns off? If so I have apps that I normally use!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Granted, Safe Mode isn't the easiest way to diagnose something, especially if it's a problem that occurs only infrequently. If the shutoffs are occurring every 1-2 days, then see if you can run Safe Mode for that length of time to see if it shuts off on its own again. But if it occurs once a week or so, then it's not as feasible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463