Why isn't turning on audible notifications while in a call working?

A

AC Question

turning on audible notifications while in a call

I have a Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8) running Android 5.0.1

The problem is when I'm speaking to someone on the phone my notifications sounds don't work. my job requires me to be on call most of the time. I was on the phone speaking with someone for 20 minutes, when I looked at the screen I had missed 2 calls and had 6 text messages. Not a sound on the line while I was on the call.

I have opened the dialer and confirmed that the 'Alerts during calls' is selected and I went into More Settings and confirmed that 'receive incoming call alerts during calls' is selected. Tried again and still no call interruption for the call waiting and no sound or interruption for a text notification.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: turning on audible notifications while in a call

I have a Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8) running Android 5.0.1

The problem is when I'm speaking to someone on the phone my notifications sounds don't work. my job requires me to be on call most of the time. I was on the phone speaking with someone for 20 minutes, when I looked at the screen I had missed 2 calls and had 6 text messages. Not a sound on the line while I was on the call.

I have opened the dialer and confirmed that the 'Alerts during calls' is selected and I went into More Settings and confirmed that 'receive incoming call alerts during calls' is selected. Tried again and still no call interruption for the call waiting and no sound or interruption for a text notification.

Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't played with that setting much with the N4, but you need to test it. It used to be you unchecked it I think. You did the opposite of how it looked like it would work, it hasn't been worded very well for a long time.

If it is checked, you might want to uncheck it and test it with a couple of people. If it is unchecked, then check it and then test it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma