So... Amazon pretty much doesn't work?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use the amazon app... Had problems, jumped through hoops to get it working.

Now I want to install a game I purchased through Amazon app store on my old phone and nothing will actually install.

What's the deal?

Posted via the Android Central App

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried to use the amazon app... Had problems, jumped through hoops to get it working.

Now I want to install a game I purchased through Amazon app store on my old phone and nothing will actually install.

What's the deal?

Make sure you allow installs from untrusted sources or whatever it's called in Security.

My Amazon app works fine.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I selected allow from outside sources, downloaded it, download completed.. then it said installing, then it failed. No error just shows the install button like before. I click it and it starts downloading again. I've downloaded it 5 times now.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This time I got this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-12-08-19-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-12-08-19-04.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 64

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue with the Amazon Store app.

Did you try to uninstall updates and then clear data on the app and start over again?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
No update to uninstall, cleared data, trying again now. New apps dl and install fine.. It's just the ones that I bought previously.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you search the store to make sure that app isn't one that has been pulled or anything?

Also I would think the Amazon app would have needed an update from the one they pre-installed on this phone.. Odd.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not the amazon app, it's the app suite or whatever. And I never got an update. I never used it. I got monument Valley free a while back, then bought the expansion levels thro amazon in my old phone.... But now I can't install it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. But the purchase is through the Amazon app store, right?

If so, maybe just download the Amazon Store app and see if that will let you download. That is what I always used and I used to get apps on the days they offered a bunch for free and would uninstall them and download later if I wanted them.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just tried through the amazon app, 'there was an error bla bla bla try again later" message.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
There appears to be a problem with this app on the Note 4. I had downloaded it from the app store but now it doesn't show up on my device though the app store thinks it is there (has the Open icon next to it in My Apps). It doesn't show up under the phone's application manager. I tried downloading it from from the Play Store but got Error -505. I did load it from the Play Store and run it on my Nexus 7 today.

Edit: I went into file explorer and deleted com.ustwo.monumentvalley under Android/data and Android/obb and was was able to load it from the Google Play Store and run it. Something went wrong with the previous install fro the Amazon app store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance