Note 4 as a Samsung device and not a Google Device....

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm having no issues. Using the Samsung keyboard and all even though I typically like the Google keyboard

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Gear S so I use S Health (Google Fit is only now slowly catching up to S health features.) I don't use Gmail, had my own domains since the 90's, so the Stock Samsung app is my go to and only email app. For messaging I prefer Verizon's app of all others. I don't care for S Voice or Google Now. Tried Wallet a few times, but found it pointless and swiping my card is just as quick without giving Google more of my info. The only "Google apps" enabled on my phone is Play Store, Youtube, Android Wear, Chromecast and Maps. All others are pretty much useless to me.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I use S health and the calender, everything else seems far better on the Google side vs Samsung. In fact, I'm starting to like Google Fit more and might switch that soon. If I had bootloader access I'd totally be running a non-sammy OS

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh...glitch in the matrix. Going to a surprise birthday party near my wife's hometown. Had her leave a few hours ago because she agreed to do face painting another family member's daughter's party. I went into the Sammy calendar to see how far I was from the surprise party and found that I wasn't able to simply press the address and have maps open up. Though I could copy/paste in maps, the press and launch maps functionality is something I need because I always put addresses in calendar events.

After a week though, that's the only thing I've found that I missed. Have to add Google Calendar back into the short list. Ha

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Uh oh...glitch in the matrix. Going to a surprise birthday party near my wife's hometown. Had her leave a few hours ago because she agreed to do face painting another family member's daughter's party. I went into the Sammy calendar to see how far I was from the surprise party and found that I wasn't able to simply press the address and have maps open up. Though I could copy/paste in maps, the press and launch maps functionality is something I need because I always put addresses in calendar events.

After a week though, that's the only thing I've found that I missed. Have to add Google Calendar back into the short list. Ha

Very weird. I read your post and tried it out on mine, clicking the location worked fine for me in the Sammy calendar

RealCarTV

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I love my Note but I would like to go the opposite direction as well. If I had my way I would install Cyanogenmod and Gapps and be done with it. However, AT&T has me on "lock down."

Posted via the Android Central App

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I do the opposite. On my rooted t-mobile variant I freeze a lot of samsung apps and services instead. Goggles apps and services are integrated into more things than samsung. Just chrome integration alone is a big deal to me.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Same here. If I ever decide to try an HTC or Sony or any other phone besides Samsung, it'll be sooooooooo much easier to bring my info with me through the Google.

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've got most Google and much Samsung bloatware frozen though by percentage it's more Google than Sammy. Google I have Play Store and Play Services unfrozen but all their buywear is disabled. Gmail and Google calendar are also being used but Here was bloated on my Gear S and it works just fine on the phone as well so Maps isn't being used.
Samsung music player and that type are frozen but all Note specific apps I use. I also have all carrier bloatware disabled as well. I think that's a point most would agree we freeze that stuff right away. When I was on Verizon I used Vznav because my wife was used to it and I'd get her to get directions when I was driving if need be and it cost less than a soda a month for her to be comfortable using my phone for directions. The AT&T version just plain sucks, won't even open without crashing on my Note4.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the maps thing I mentioned before is reserved only to events whose address doesn't show up as a link. That doesn't seem to matter in Google Calendar though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol