pdalper

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time asking a question . My verizon note 4 is extremely laggy. I have cleared cache and done the factory reset It took 2 days to get things up and running again. Apps will not load. Takes forever, when compared to before reset. Please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This is my first time asking a question . My verizon note 4 is extremely laggy. I have cleared cache and done the factory reset It took 2 days to get things up and running again. Apps will not load. Takes forever, when compared to before reset. Please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Where did you buy it? What carrier? Sounds like you may need a replacement.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an SD card in it? Try taking that out for several minutes and see if the lag is gone.

Sometimes, especially if you have a lot of pictures or video in an SD card, Android will index all those files again (after a reset) and build thumbnail images for the gallery.

Or, it could be a corrupt file on the SD card causing Android index service to get stuck and chew up a lot of CPU or RAM.

pdalper

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
thanks for all the help. It appears to have corrected itself. I also believe it had something to do with the comcast modem and wifi just installed. Thanks again

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad it was simple.

There are many sources of lag, so it's probably a good idea (should something happen again) to give some examples of what sorts of "lag"/slowdown you are experiencing. For example, "web pages loading really slow on both Chrome and 'Internet'" would point strongly toward an Internet connection problem, where "it takes 20-30 seconds for any app to load at all" would be a sign of a more serious internal problem with the phone.