A good alarm clock app?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Lollipop changed the alarm clock. I used to use it a lot, set alarms for days later in the week. Now you can only set an alarm for the next 24 hours, unless you make it a weekly repeating alarm.

Does anyone know of a good, free alarm clock app, you can use your own personal tone and you can set alarms for the entire week?

datdude4dub

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been using gentle alarm for several years . It hasn't failed me yet. You can set your own tones or use some of their own nature sounds. I never turn my alarm off, it is always set and ready to go.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been using gentle alarm for several years . It hasn't failed me yet. You can set your own tones or use some of their own nature sounds. I never turn my alarm off, it is always set and ready to go.

Just looked at that. The free version won't work on Wednesdays. I don't know that I'm willing to buy one, even a cheap price. This change they made with Lollipop was ridiculous. I shouldn't have to buy an alarm app if it is Monday and I want to set an alarm for Thursday afternoon.

I don't know why they changed the clock.

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I use smart alarm. Works great and can do the things you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Using normal Pre installed clock and don't have any issue :)

Except now you can't decide on Monday to set an alarm for Thursday, unless you make it a repeating alarm and then you have to turn off the repeat part after the alarm goes off.

Lollipop removed the option to set a day for the alarm. I use the alarm for a lot of things that I want to make sure I have a loud sound for in case my phone is in the back of the house or on my desk at work and I'm down the hall.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of an alarm clock that allows you to dismiss the next alarm from the notification tray ? The standard lollipop did this and it helped when I got up early. I could just dismiss the alarm for that day and not affect any other alarms.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had Lollipop too long. Until this thread I didn't know the individual one-time alarm option was removed. Agree it would be good to know why the decision was made to remove the option to set a one-time alarm without needing to also set repeat.

My concern is that I'll create a one-time alarm for an early trip to the airport, forget to uncheck the repeat, and then a week later have the alarm go off at 4 am when I didn't want or need to get up early. Not a huge deal for me, but not sure why the one-time feature isn't available.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of an alarm app free or paid that offers the voice recognition feature (other than Wake Voice which didn't work on my Note 4)? I LOVED the voice feature on my old SGIII & 4...It was SO convenient just being able to say "snooze or stop"! This is one feature I desperately miss on my N4.

Posted By MY Next Big Thing, The Galaxy Note 4!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress