Ultra Power Saving Mode on Note 4 FAIL, what should I do?

Alixis Weisch

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Ultra Power Saving Mode on Note 4 FAIL

Greetings all! I have a Note 4 and on occasion I will switch on UPSM. Typically I only do this overnight when I don't have a cord readily available to charge the phone with. A few times I have had something very strange occur. It just happened last night so I will use that as an example.

At 10pm I turned on UPSM, the battery was at 70%. I wake up at 3am and turn off UPSM, at this time the battery is at 68%. I start checking e-mails and such and within about 2 minutes of doing so I get the 'Plug your phone in, your battery is critically low' message.

I head to the home screen and see that my batter is now at 12% and sinking. I literally watch for the next minute as it sink from 12% to 5% and then lock the screen and hope that there is enough juice for my alarm to still go off in the morning.

Lo and behold, the alarm does not go off and I am late for work. When i get to work I plug my phone in for about 10 minutes, turn it on and POOF, battery is at 75%.

What is going on here?

I have had this happen on many occasions when I use UPSM and I am getting really really tired of it. I tried to do a search and find others that are having this issue but cannot find anything.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

Thank you!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Ultra Power Saving Mode on Note 4 FAIL

Greetings all! I have a Note 4 and on occasion I will switch on UPSM. Typically I only do this overnight when I don't have a cord readily available to charge the phone with. A few times I have had something very strange occur. It just happened last night so I will use that as an example.

At 10pm I turned on UPSM, the battery was at 70%. I wake up at 3am and turn off UPSM, at this time the battery is at 68%. I start checking e-mails and such and within about 2 minutes of doing so I get the 'Plug your phone in, your battery is critically low' message.

I head to the home screen and see that my batter is now at 12% and sinking. I literally watch for the next minute as it sink from 12% to 5% and then lock the screen and hope that there is enough juice for my alarm to still go off in the morning.

Lo and behold, the alarm does not go off and I am late for work. When i get to work I plug my phone in for about 10 minutes, turn it on and POOF, battery is at 75%.

What is going on here?

I have had this happen on many occasions when I use UPSM and I am getting really really tired of it. I tried to do a search and find others that are having this issue but cannot find anything.

Thank you!

WOW! sounds interesting. I have never had this issue, but I don't use UPSM tht often. I would love to see what the fix could be to this...did you speak to samsung?

wertherf

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site

What is going on here?

Thank you!

FINALLY!!!!!!!! I have searched a lot and you are the only one I found experiencing the same issue as I do. Hope someone reads it and provide us with a life-saving answer.

I have always used the UPSM overnight to save some battery and avoid getting notifications (which disturbs my sleep).
But, over the last weeks, UPSM is fooling me. Here it goes:
I activate it when I go to sleep; then I wake up (~8h after) and only ~5% of my battery has decreased. Awesome, right? NO!!!
Right after getting back to 'normal mode', the battery entries in a 'draining frenzy mode', where it goes from 52% to 10% (example) in 5 minutes.
I don't have a clue why this is happening, but since then I had to stop using UPSM, unfortunatly.

Does anyone knows the reason behind all this? Please, somebody help us!!!

ps.1: note 4 is functioning normally when not in UPSM
ps.2: sorry for resurrecting this so-old post, but this is the only one I found issue-related

THANKS!

wertherf

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site

***SOLVED***

I did a software update on my Note 4 and UPSM is now functioning as it should. So, I guess it was a matter of software