Powerampplaying Google Play music

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the trial version of Poweramp. Getting a little frustrated with Google Play. How do I download my music from Google Play to my device so Poweramp will read it? I have a few albums downloaded but Poweramp doesn't find them. I can't find them either in files.
I do not have a PC so that option is out

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The Google Play music is hidden in a directory on your phone. Try a search for "where is my Google Play songs". With a file manager you will be able to find them and rename them so you can play them with other players on your phone.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I installed Astro file manager which I've used before and did find the music I downloaded from Google Play. I then remembered I had all my music on a portable hard drive. I have the cable that allows me to read a portable hard drive with my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet, so I hooked them up and copied the music I wanted to my tablet. I then fired up side-sync on my Note 4 & my tablet and transferred my music to my Note 4 SD card. All my music can now be played on Poweramp. I know this is a roundabout way to get my music but only had to do it once. Took about 30 minutes total to move about 1000 songs.
Really liking Poweramp. Saw it mentioned in a post a few days ago.
Thanks for the advice. I've been meaning to reinstall Astro anyway.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I installed Astro file manager which I've used before and did find the music I downloaded from Google Play. I then remembered I had all my music on a portable hard drive. I have the cable that allows me to read a portable hard drive with my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet, so I hooked them up and copied the music I wanted to my tablet. I then fired up side-sync on my Note 4 & my tablet and transferred my music to my Note 4 SD card. All my music can now be played on Poweramp. I know this is a roundabout way to get my music but only had to do it once. Took about 30 minutes total to move about 1000 songs.
Really liking Poweramp. Saw it mentioned in a post a few days ago.
Thanks for the advice. I've been meaning to reinstall Astro anyway.

Great! Glad you got it sorted. :)

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I should try Power Amp again. I've been using 'folder player' apps lately. I just go to a song in my ExtSdCard and it plays from the first song onwards through the whole archive when I'm in the gym.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What I do is download all the Google music to my PC. Then re-upload it to a music folder. If you haven't yet, don't download the Google music to your phone.

If you did I think I remember that poweramp will find the songs but the song names won't recognize.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol