Screen Unlock - Swipe Disabled?

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Setting up my phone and I wanted to establish the fingerprint scanner to use with PayPal. However, after registering my fingerprint, my phone was now set to unlock using the fingerprint scanner. Not a big deal but when I went into my lock screen settings to change my unlock settings (I don't use anything other than the Swipe), I noticed that the Swipe and None options were disabled. How do I change that? Do I need to delete my registered fingerprint?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-19-14-33-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-19-14-33-38.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 21

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably something is 'taking over' (from the legend underneath). Go to your Settings, General, Security, Device Administrators. Something there is making the use of a secure lockscreen a 'must'. Usually it's Exchange accounts that do this (corporate security rules), but if you haven't added any of those recently, might be the PayPal app.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, first try this..

Go to Security, then scroll down to Credential storage and tap, "Clear Credentials". You have to do that any time you go from a secure lock screen to swipe lock screen.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
That's it. Thanks.

I don't remember having to do that on my S5. I used the fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone for about a week and then got sick of it and went back to the basic swipe unlock. Is this just an added layer of security put in on the Note 4?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's it. Thanks.

I don't remember having to do that on my S5. I used the fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone for about a week and then got sick of it and went back to the basic swipe unlock. Is this just an added layer of security put in on the Note 4?

I don't remember having to do that on my S5, but I've had to do it on my N4 each time.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine always goes back to a PIN n matter what. Often right after I set something else. I stopper Android Ware being an Administrator. I will see. This has been going on for months.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine always goes back to a PIN n matter what. Often right after I set something else. I stopper Android Ware being an Administrator. I will see. This has been going on for months.

I think it has to do with something being able to read your notifications. Which those items can. I use Greenify and it can read my notifications.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right here under Sounds and Notifications, at the bottom. Using Greenify was the first time I noticed it.

Posted from my Note 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-19-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-19-16.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 24

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the correct answer!! That's weird, in mine I never had to do that and I went back and forth from Fingerprint to no lockscreen several times, but that was on KitKat...haven't tried that on Lollipop and now that you mentioned this, I want to even less hahaha

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the correct answer!! That's weird, in mine I never had to do that and I went back and forth from Fingerprint to no lockscreen several times, but that was on KitKat...haven't tried that on Lollipop and now that you mentioned this, I want to even less hahaha

Mine didn't do it until I used Greenify. I had to give permission for Greenify to read my notifications. When I manually hibernate stuff, it locks it with the fingerprint, so that is why I had to give it permission to do this.

The ONLY reason I know this is because I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung. I wanted to redo my fingerprint scan and couldn't because of this and I had just set up Greenify. The Samsung guy and I were on the phone an hour, he remoted into my phone and I finally figured it out. I don't have the problem without Greenify on my phone though and being able to read the notifications. That notification thing has to be what causes this.

It was a fluke I knew this lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20