Slow Motion: Has it always been this crappy?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the Lollipoop (YES, double 'o') update screwed things up (one more to the list, right?) with the camera or if it was always like that, but now that I've tried it...it looks really crappy! I mean, it's like choppy, non-fluid video and while the size says it's FullHD video, the quality itself feels more like 480p.

Anyone else experiencing this? I never used SloMo before on this phone so not entirely certain, and the videos I've seen online don't seem so crappy.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if the Lollipoop (YES, double 'o') update screwed things up (one more to the list, right?) with the camera or if it was always like that, but now that I've tried it...it looks really crappy! I mean, it's like choppy, non-fluid video and while the size says it's FullHD video, the quality itself feels more like 480p.

Anyone else experiencing this? I never used SloMo before on this phone so not entirely certain, and the videos I've seen online don't seem so crappy.

Yes. I don't know of any way to fix it though.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When I shot slow mo videos on Kit Kat, they looked crisp and high def. I took two different slow mo videos last week, and both looked grainy.

I don't know what they could have possibly done to mess it up. I also noticed my camera makes a soft whining noise as it tries to focus, but you can only hear it if it's a quiet environment. It never did that before.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am still on 4.4.4 as I keeping holding off the LP update, UGH another reason not to update. Here is a slow motion video I took a couple months ago and I think it is quite good. This Boston my Chihuahua at our office.

https://youtu.be/DpAE5RPQbMQ

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine looks crappier I believe... And I guess I was wrong, it's not FullHD, it's 720p. Still should be decent though, but doesn't look like it. I remember the S4 or Note 3 scaled things down to 480p or worse depending on the framerate you chose, but the camera on the Note 4 doesn't have recording options, just playback ones (but the crappiness shows up even at 1/2x)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908