Can't turn off lock screen on my Note 4

Mrcc93

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I set my lock screen and now I don't want it on anymore. I go into "security" and and I just want to select "swipe" to unlock it. But its all grayed out and the only security options I have is Pattern, PIN, Password, and Fingerprint.
Under "Swipe" it says "turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage" and I haven't done any encryption and I don't think I turned it off. My administrators is only set to Android Device Manager.
Very confused, please help!!!

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
First off, Welcome to Android Central!

I've experienced this myself and do prefer the stock swipe to unlock but have the same situation as you have. So I've let it be with the PIN to unlock. Now since you've started this thread, I tried again and somehow it did allow me to return to the stock swipe to unlock. That I somehow cannot fathom how it allowed me to revert back? :confused:

Hopefully someone here can answer more succinctly.

temych267

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. I found somewhere online that you need to "Clear All credentials" in Settings->Security. It is not as bad as it sounds and it worked for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

pattydelgado

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!! This has been driving me crazy for the past week or so now!
I "cleared all credentials" and it let me set my screen unlock back to "Swipe".

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

Danielle Del Presto

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
i was a fool and put a screen pin code on my galaxy note 4. i cannot remember it. android device manager no longer unlocks your phone but it calls it none stop. they want me to do a factory restore and it will wipe phone clean of all pictures and contacts. any way to avoid doing this? i saw something about cmd prompt but cant find it now.. help please

mdrollins

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes! It worked! I read somewhere that I needed to delete my Samsung account, so I did that, it didn't work, so I reset my phone and spent the next 24 hours setting it back up. I was almost finished, and it did it again. Thank you for this easy solution.

mike0300

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Please help i cannot get the lock screen to go away. turned off by administrator for none or swipe and it is driving me crazy. solution please!

ok I figured it out on my own. You go to settings, security, phone administrators and activated Support and Protection. This unlocked the grayed out areas in the lock screen menu allowing me to choose none or swipe. Your welcome

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that. Just did a factory rest the other day to rid of it

Posted via the Android Central App

Please help i cannot get the lock screen to go away. turned off by administrator for none or swipe and it is driving me crazy. solution please!

ok I figured it out on my own. You go to settings, security, phone administrators and activated Support and Protection. This unlocked the grayed out areas in the lock screen menu allowing me to choose none or swipe. Your welcome

As posted above, clear credentials is what takes care of this issue, the phone even tells you that..

fasteraudi

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. that did it for me too on the Note 5. Settings->Lock screen and security->Other security settings->Clear credentials (remove all certificates) ... are you sure? Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith