Anyone considering getting the Note 5 when it comes?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I upgrade once a year and wondered if anyone with a Note 4 now is considering the 5 when it comes in October? Hopefully it won't be just a bigger version of the S6 with no removable battery or no SD card support. 2 huge fails in my book. Or the Note 5 Edge or whatever they come up with for a 2nd model...

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. Depends on whether the upgrade is worth it. Whether or not they keep the removable battery or expandable storage won't be a factor in my decision. If the phone is good then all of that won't matter to me.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I don't upgrade simply for the sake of upgrading and don't have to have the latest and greatest as soon as it comes out. I'll probably use this phone until it either dies or becomes so obsolete that it can't handle additional OS updates. I'd probably still be using my iPhone 3Gs today if I could still download apps for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I will certainly consider it but it will depend on which direction Samsung goes and if it makes sense. I've only had the 4 for a month so we will see. I do like to have the latest but if the 4 is doing what I need with no problems then I'll wait until early next year probably or maybe even skip the 5. We will see...

Sent from my Note 4

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No. Am content with the Note 4. Just not happy with lollipop and those issues need to be fixed

Posted via the Android Central App

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If they don't fix the issues with the Note 4, then no. It inspires little to no faith in me with how they update their devices. So, even if the Note 5 is fantastic... If there are any bugs from the beginning, it'll leave me to believe that it'll stay for a year... Bah... I'll probably not go for Note 5 if these Note 4 bugs aren't fixed...

IF the Note 4 is fixed, then the Note 5 will be a good idea if it has larger screen with the same footprint, removable battery (and larger) and micro SD or 64 right off the get go (highly unlikely)

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
played around with a nexus 6 today at the VZW store. if the N5 has a sealed battery, thats what im most likely gonna buy. it was also only like $5-600. seems affordable

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I also upgrade my phone every year and the Note 5 will definitely be my next device. Even if it has a non removable battery and no expandable storage. I will just purchase the 64 or 128 GB version. The Note has such amazing battery life that a non removable battery is irrelevant to me.

I unplug my phone at 6 am and when I go bed at 11 I still have around 30% left and that's with heavy usage and no power saving mode.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If they don't fix the issues with the Note 4, then no. It inspires little to no faith in me with how they update their devices. So, even if the Note 5 is fantastic... If there are any bugs from the beginning, it'll leave me to believe that it'll stay for a year... Bah... I'll probably not go for Note 5 if these Note 4 bugs aren't fixed...

IF the Note 4 is fixed, then the Note 5 will be a good idea if it has larger screen with the same footprint, removable battery (and larger) and micro SD or 64 right off the get go (highly unlikely)

I'm not having issues with my Note 4.

What Note 4 specific issues are you having?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If I do get a N5 it definitely won't be when they first come out because the selection of cases & screen protectors is sparse. I'd probably get the Edge version as long as it has an S Pen. From what little I've read about it the N5 Edge is supposed to have a smaller screen than the non-Edge model and if that translates into a slightly smaller phone than the non-Edge N4 that's a plus for me. After having my N4 since late October I'm still not comfortable with the size clipped to my belt or in my car mount. The screen is great for viewing but I'd prefer a little bit smaller phone.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having issues with my Note 4.

What Note 4 specific issues are you having?

Battery life isn't as good, but that could be Lollipop in general.

Actual problems:
Lag while pressing multitasking button (5-10 second delay, even with TalkBack disabled, and clearing cache and resetting to factory defaults)
Lag while pressing "review picture" from the camera (3-5 seconds to load the image, and then another 2-3 if I want to bring down the menu to share / edit, or even want to pass to the next photo by swiping).

These are ALL very well documented issues on XDA. If my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 can do multitasking faster and better than my Note 4, Samsung is doing something terribly wrong with their Note 4. I can open up multitasking faster on my Tab than on my Note 4.

Other than those issues, I think it runs perfectly, Very fast and fluid. But, sadly for me, I spend the majority of my time multitasking and taking pictures and reviewing them! haha. So, it's kind of big deal for me.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Note 5 is a consideration. If the fingerprint scanner is improved (like the 6S), and the screen size and form factor stay the same, then I'm interested. This assumes that the camera stays as good as it is now (don't increase pixels just because it can be done). Sealed or removable battery is not a big concern either way, assuming that the current battery life capabilities continue to remain as they are (don't go the S6 route). Keeping the S Pen is a given.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Battery life isn't as good, but that could be Lollipop in general.

Actual problems:
Lag while pressing multitasking button (5-10 second delay, even with TalkBack disabled, and clearing cache and resetting to factory defaults)
Lag while pressing "review picture" from the camera (3-5 seconds to load the image, and then another 2-3 if I want to bring down the menu to share / edit, or even want to pass to the next photo by swiping).

These are ALL very well documented issues on XDA. If my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 can do multitasking faster and better than my Note 4, Samsung is doing something terribly wrong with their Note 4. I can open up multitasking faster on my Tab than on my Note 4.

Other than those issues, I think it runs perfectly, Very fast and fluid. But, sadly for me, I spend the majority of my time multitasking and taking pictures and reviewing them! haha. So, it's kind of big deal for me.

I personally have not had any of those issues before or after the Lollipop update.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been a Note 4 user since it launched. I switched to Nexus 6 a little over a week ago to try something new and I'm hooked. Pure stock android experience is just amazing. The fastest and smoothest phone I have ever used. I'm so happy with the switch. My Note 4 has been in the box since then.
Now going back to your question. I really don't see myself ever leaving the Nexus line (again for the great stock android experience) I am on 5.1.1 already and the Idea of being on Android M by Q3 of this year is just crazy! so, for me to consider Note 5, it will have to be one fantastic phone to convince me to go back to TouchWiz. I loved my note 4 but I think it's going up for sale soon.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been a Note 4 user since it launched. I switched to Nexus 6 a little over a week ago to try something new and I'm hooked. Pure stock android experience is just amazing. The fastest and smoothest phone I have ever used. I'm so happy with the switch. My Note 4 has been in the box since then.
Now going back to your question. I really don't see myself ever leaving the Nexus line (again for the great stock android experience) I am on 5.1.1 already and the Idea of being on Android M by Q3 of this year is just crazy! so, for me to consider Note 5, it will have to be one fantastic phone to convince me to go back to TouchWiz. I loved my note 4 but I think it's going up for sale soon.
If you don't mind me asking, what is your opinion of the camera compared to the note 4? And then battery life? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay