Note 4 Exchange GAL Lookups, any ideas?

chrys7

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Note 4 Exchange GAL Lookups

having an odd issue where user is on T-Mo with a Note4 running 5.0.1
and Nova Launcher his Exchange acct works perfect and syncing Inbox, Cal, etc etc

The one thing that does not work is GAL lookups. The Exchange Account is the Default but when I go to contacts on this users phone and try to look up someone in GAL that is I know is not in his contacts in Gmail/Exchange, I get nothing.

I have the same device on VZ running 5.0.1 and Gal works perfectly fine.

I did a side by side on the setting in the acct as well I could not see anything that was different on his device than mine. Anyone have any ideas??

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Exchange GAL Lookups

Is there anything different (permissions, options, etc) on the user's Exchange account (on the Exchange server or in Active Directory) that is different than yours? If I remember correctly, the GAL (Global Address List) has deep integration with Active Directory.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

having an odd issue where user is on T-Mo with a Note4 running 5.0.1
and Nova Launcher his Exchange acct works perfect and syncing Inbox, Cal, etc etc

The one thing that does not work is GAL lookups. The Exchange Account is the Default but when I go to contacts on this users phone and try to look up someone in GAL that is I know is not in his contacts in Gmail/Exchange, I get nothing.

I have the same device on VZ running 5.0.1 and Gal works perfectly fine.

I did a side by side on the setting in the acct as well I could not see anything that was different on his device than mine. Anyone have any ideas??

I assume you're using ActiveSync to connect to Exchange? Which version of Exchange are you running?

I'm connected to our Exchange 2010 through ActiveSync and I can do GAL lookups with no problems.

I see no explicit settings on my Exchange account on the phone for GAL lookups. Maybe try removing the account and re-adding it?

chrys7

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

none that I can see were using o365 E3 plan checking his mailbox setting i dont see anything diff on his that mine.
so no sure if its permission which it would be he and i were both migrated off the same way from on prem to o365.