Cannot disable Music app

Darwin Schmucker

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I keep having to end Music app. In settings, get notifications and disable button is grayed out. I will not use this app. Help please.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the system doesn't allow you to Disable an app, then you could try Greenify, which might let you hibernate an app without having to root.

ltlrags

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the tip. The Greenify solution is a little complicated because it doesn't disable system apps without a 3rd party add on and some extra fiddling. They call it an "experimental" feature, and the app froze when I tried to enable it.

How would one go about making a feature request to Android? This was not a problem until the recent system update, now every time my phone connects to a bluetooth device the music app launches and starts playing. HUGELY ANNOYING!

wwelsh39

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I believe that "Music" is a Samsung app, not an Android/Google app. Mine is grayed out too and it's very frustrating. I do believe that my next phone won't be made by Samsung (even though they do make very fine phones) for this very reason. Maybe by now you've figured out how to deal with all this unwanted bloatware Samsung and the other manufacturers saddle us with. I've got "Notifications" turned off and still I get a notification to upgrade this app! Good Luck!!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Use Debloater (XDA), or Package Disabler Pro. Search Google. Samsung phones are very good... you just need to learn how to work around small problems.