Will fast charge run down the life of my battery

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems my batteries are deteriorating and they are not that old. Do you think it is because of fast charge?

Ya know I wonder the same thing...I hope the battery life is better in the next model note...you would think how far technology comes they would make improvements...Samsung galaxy s6 went down in battery life which makes no sense at all...go up not down Samsung...

Posted via the Android Central App

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it does. I've been using fast charge non stop since November and my battery performance has not changed at all.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I remember speaking to a Samsung tech support rep a month or so before the release of the S6. He was going on and on about the great S6 battery technology. I did not believe him and from what it sounds like, the battery is not that great.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I remember speaking to a Samsung tech support rep a month or so before the release of the S6. He was going on and on about the great S6 battery technology. I did not believe him and from what it sounds like, the battery is not that great.

Samsung makes a great product but there knowledge base reps are awful

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It seems my batteries are deteriorating and they are not that old. Do you think it is because of fast charge?

I don't think so. I've been using mine since January and I can still get a full 1-2 days out of each one (I have two) with 2-4 hrs usage.

How often do you charge your batteries?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use a cheap old slow charger to charge overnight. After 8 months, and after the Lollipop update, I often have still see 60% at the end of the day.
Anything that causes the battery to get hot, like fast charging it, isn't going to be a good thing for battery life.
On the other hand, I have a custom made 5.3V 3A charger on my motorcycle when I use the phone as a GPS. It charges pretty fast, and the phone get pretty warm. A bad things for sure, but then, that is part of the reason I own the device.
Get a spare battery, they are cheap enough.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You might Digital Alarm Clock. There are ads or a ad free version for $1.47.
I'll check it out. I just can't not imagine why Android or Samsung (not sure which one did this) took the ability away to set more than one alarm, 2 or more days in advance, without making it a repeating alarm.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll check it out. I just can't not imagine why Android or Samsung (not sure which one did this) took the ability away to set more than one alarm, 2 or more days in advance, without making it a repeating alarm.

What chased me from the stock alarm was the length of the alarm. I need a long song to play in order to keep me awake. The stock alarms used to play for at least 10 minutes. 30 seconds is not going to do it for me. I think you can set numerous alarms in advance. I am testing it now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What chased me from the stock alarm was the length of the alarm. I need a long song to play in order to keep me awake. The stock alarms used to play for at least 10 minutes. 30 seconds is not going to do it for me. I think you can set numerous alarms in advance. I am testing it now.
Oh I have a loud custom sound that will wake you up.. It will wake up the people 3 houses down too haha

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh I have a loud custom sound that will wake you up.. It will wake up the people 3 houses down too haha

Lol, yes, I just don't want to wake up that way. I even use fade in so I am not shocked. I can wake up at a very low volume. I just need a long song to then keep me awake enough to actually get up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol, yes, I just don't want to wake up that way. I even use fade in so I am not shocked. I can wake up at a very low volume. I just need a long song to then keep me awake enough to actually get up.
Oh no, I could sleep through an explosion Hahaha. I need something to jolt me awake. Once I was up all night at the ER with a friend. I came home and only had an hour to sleep. I slept through the alarm, but it woke most of the dead in my state lol

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh no, I could sleep through an explosion Hahaha. I need something to jolt me awake. Once I was up all night at the ER with a friend. I came home and only had an hour to sleep. I slept through the alarm, but it woke most of the dead in my state lol

That is funny.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513