Note 4 switch?

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 AT&T no contract and I am turned off by the lag when you open apps, by the Bluetooth playback issues andby the size of the device as I have small hands thus making it harder to get a good grip of it. I was wondering are there any good smaller alternatives to the Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 AT&T no contract and I am turned off by the lag when you open apps, by the Bluetooth playback issues andby the size of the device as I have small hands thus making it harder to get a good grip of it. I was wondering are there any good smaller alternatives to the Note 4?

Nokia 3510i 😁

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Short answer is no. There really isn't any other phone that can do what the Note can do and do it as well as the Note. I would say that you need to figure out what features you need and then match that to a phone. Depending on what those are you may have to make sacrifices in other areas.

Sent from my Note 4

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of really great one-handed phones out there, at least one solid one from each of the major flagship manufacturers (Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, etc etc). It all depends on which features you are looking for.

Each has its signature/important features, and its drawbacks. You've mentioned what you don't like about the Note 4 - and fair enough - but you are using it as your reference for "finding a one-handed alternative to". In order to find an alternative to it, you'll have to determine the things you DO like about the Note 4 so you can look for another phone with those features.

So what features do you like about the Note 4 well enough that you are using it as your reference point for a good phone? Obviously not the screen size - because you've said the phone is too big. S-Pen? Infrared? Fingerprint reader? What is it that makes the Note 4 the ideal phone for you, "if only it was a little smaller, the bluetooth worked for me, and it didn't lag"

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Turns out that I may keep it in the long run, just ordered a Zerolemon battery for it and I'm getting used to the size. As for the Bluetooth issues during music playback I heard that if you were to keep the screen on while playing music it prevents it from skipping

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
LG g4 or HTC M9. They're good devices with a smaller footprint. If you're set on Android, those are your best bets. The Zenfone 2 is a great option, too. Pretty well rounded device. All of these are smaller.

I am keeping the Note 4 until 5.1.1 comes our August. Whatever happens first. But KK has been solid for me (I recently rolled back from 5.0.1).

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I reverted back to Kit Kat since I bought the phone off of eBay with Lollipop preinstalled and so far the Bluetooth issues and lag are gone.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, same here. Back to Kitkat about two weeks ago and I don't miss anything of lollipop. Kitkat is bug free. I'm hoping the July release of 5.1.1 will be the lollipop version of the current version of Kitkat.

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Google screwed up with Lollipop which explains why you seen more devices launched with Kit Kat then when we seen devices launched with Lollipop this year.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Something needs to give with the lag. I'm seriously contemplating going back to my gs4. That was the snappiest, most responsive phone I've ever owned.
Truthfully, I can't remember if kitkat was a better performer or not.

Posted from my AT&T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Something needs to give with the lag. I'm seriously contemplating going back to my gs4. That was the snappiest, most responsive phone I've ever owned.
Truthfully, I can't remember if kitkat was a better performer or not.

Posted from my AT&T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App

Are you on Kit Kat?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I too have short stubby fingers and have no issues with using the Note 4. I don't use it with one hand nor do I use my thumbs to keyboard. I use the S pen for everything so my use method is apparently different than others. But I would never go back to KK because L allows me to use my large ExtSD storage for program data and program parts, photos and videos from the camera, etc. So I have 7 GB of HERE maps downloaded to use off line on the extSD card along with 1 GB of bird identification data along with numberous smaller files. Giving me 8 GB of space on the internal storage that is free for other stuff.
We all each have our priorities for how we use smartphones. And for me the Note series is the only phone with L is the only one for me.
Your mileage may vary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463