Note 4 gets very hot

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Got a note 4 today, have noticed the phone getting very hot.

Happens when i download an app, and while its charging. Gets to about 39°- 40° degrees while charging and around the same while downloading apps.

Is this something to worry about?? Please say no?? lol,.. only joking please tell me :'( cant be bothered with swapping phones over again, so much hassle!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whenever you actively use both WiFi and data (like heavy downloads) your device will get a bit hot. This is normal. Also while charging, especially if you're using the Fast Charger.

But it shouldn't be too uncomfortable to hold though, at least mine isn't. Haven't measured how hot it gets and I'm guessing having a case helps, but a little warm up is completely normal with those activities.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Got a note 4 today, have noticed the phone getting very hot.

Happens when i download an app, and while its charging. Gets to about 39°- 40° degrees while charging and around the same while downloading apps.

Is this something to worry about?? Please say no?? lol,.. only joking please tell me :'( cant be bothered with swapping phones over again, so much hassle!!

It depends on the weather and environment too..

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It does get hot. Mostly on updates from the play store & fast charging. I wouldn't worry about it. It's common. 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed it does indeed get very hot with the fast charge, up to 39 degrees? With a normal charger of my s5 non fast charger.. it does still get hot but not quiet as much.. 35/36.

Also, its not just the battery that gets hot, its all around the camera, memory car and sim card area etc.. is that common?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
im just going to send it back!

the last time am buying a used phone of ebay

You just got it. You need to give it a couple of days.

A new phone or a newly reset phone always get hot when charging the first one or two times.

My old Note 3 had to have a new motherboard, it was getting hit. When it came back from Samsung it was hot charging it. They told me the above info about new phones and new resets. They were correct and I've seen that happen each time.

Chantal Delila

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Im having the same problem i need help i have change 3 note 4 from Tmobile but the same issues phone getting very hot and drain the battery so fast. What to do ????

Helpppp

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I use Clean Master to boost my phone. It also alerts you when the phone is running hot and cools it down by identifying the culprit apps and closing them.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
im just going to send it back!

the last time am buying a used phone of ebay

Overreaction of the year.

You had it a day, you were charging it while it was installing apps and it was probably also syncing all your data and setup, of course it is going to heat up and especially if it is Fast Charging while doing all that.

You should have given at least 3-4days.

Ah well.

Goodbye.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Give it a few days. Theres probably alot of initial syncing going on, updates, etc...

It is very normal for it to get warm when charging and using data.

Edit: just realized this is 4 weeks old... Lol. He's probably on his 8th phone by now.

Posted via the Android Central App

MiniMendel

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I think his action is totally normal. First of all he bought it from Ebay,not an authorized store ....if it was me ...I might think the phone's a counterfait.

Note4 is my first actual high tech phone and I freak out about it battery too =_=

Ppl who use smartphone for awhile might see its as normal. But a person like me (new to the area) would have a worry/concern.

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Overreaction of the year.

You had it a day, you were charging it while it was installing apps and it was probably also syncing all your data and setup, of course it is going to heat up and especially if it is Fast Charging while doing all that.

You should have given at least 3-4days.

Ah well.

Goodbye.

The phone has been gone away for repair at Samsung for over a month now due to overheating, the Samsung authorised shop did confirm the problem also and sent it direct to samsung immediately due to unnatural overheating.

In the mean time i picked up another note 4 and did everything the same on this and guess what? NO OVERHEATING ON THIS!! I restored from my previous phone, so over 50 apps being installed at once and no overheating.

Got a phone call today that the phone has been repaired and is being sent to my local samsung authorised centre for collection over the next few days.

Phone definitely did have a problem, no overreaction here, please refrain for being judgemental. I do know my phones!

Im happy to upload the service sheet with repair info on here.

siegex

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
The phone has been gone away for repair at Samsung for over a month now due to overheating, the Samsung authorised shop did confirm the problem also and sent it direct to samsung immediately due to unnatural overheating.

In the mean time i picked up another note 4 and did everything the same on this and guess what? NO OVERHEATING ON THIS!! I restored from my previous phone, so over 50 apps being installed at once and no overheating.

Got a phone call today that the phone has been repaired and is being sent to my local samsung authorised centre for collection over the next few days.

Phone definitely did have a problem, no overreaction here, please refrain for being judgemental. I do know my phones!

Im happy to upload the service sheet with repair info on here.

siegex

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Glad I decided to research. My note 4 has been cooking eggs since I bought it. She gets up to approx 30c - 38c (celsius) plus. I have owned all Samsung Note/s and NEVER had a heat problem like this Note 4.

I am also a "Heavy, Heavy User" as I use every tool available on it including lots of media streaming or video it is my Goto all day every day. The most heat I ever experienced with the past Samsung Notes is a very "subtle" warmth. This thing is frkn HOOOOOOT!!

I'll be contacting my dealer for a swap out

ciabishop

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
May I ask what the diagnosis was on your phone? What did they fix/repair? Mine has been gettting extrememly hot also and I'm not sure what I should do.
Thank you

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How hot is hot? The prior posts in this thread reference temps of around 40c. 104 F may be a concern for a human but it's hardly anything for a CPU....IMO if the device is truly overheating and crashing, throwing errors, warnings or throttling down then there's cause for concern, otherwise don't worry about heat when you KNOW that you're pushing it hard. Being hot when the device is in standby is a different story.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon