Why does my battery go from 25 to 0 in seconds?

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Battery goes from 25% to 0% in seconds!

I downloaded lolipop a few months ago and recently did a factory reset due to the horrible battery life after the update. It made a huge difference as far as it lasting longer, but I did notice something strange. The past few days the battery will be around 25% and I'll pick it to use it and all of a sudden shuts off. When I turn it back on the batter is at 0% and I have to recharge! How did it go from 25 to 0 so quickly????
Any thoughts?

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery goes from 25% to 0% in seconds!

I had a similar problem recently with my Note 8.0 tablet. It would show battery drain in chunks rather than progressive drain. It might go from 50 down to 40 in the blink of an eye....then drain 1% at a time.....then another massive drop off....once it got anywhere between 15-25% it would then drop down to 1% for about 5 seconds and then power off. I tried every commonly known trick in the book to fix it but ultimately I ended up sending it back to Samsung for warranty work and they replaced the battery. Not a huge deal for me to be without my tablet for 2 weeks, but I hope I never have to send my phone to the factory for work. Sorry I don't have any valuable suggestions other than doing all of the usual tricks....check your settings, see which apps are hogging the most battery, shut down or even uninstall battery sucking apps, etc, etc. If none of that works, try a factory reset. Once you've exhausted all of those options, maybe buy a new battery and try that. Last resort would be to send it in for warranty work.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Pull the battery out. Place it flat on a table. Does it wobble at all when you alternate pressing back and forth on both long sides?

Turn it over and try the same thing. Any wobble?

If it wobbles at all, look closely for a bulge. If you see one, there is a blown cell. Time to replace the battery.

A blown cell will put pressure on the screen as the cell continues to leak and expand. This can cause purplish areas to start to appear.

I got these $25 batteries + wall charger and they work very well:
[NFC/Google Wallet Capable] Anker 2 x 3220mAh Li-ion Batteries
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q4NQQA0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4535705

If the battery sits flat with no wobble, the battery is likely fine (no blown cell) but you can replace it and see if that solves the issue.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Had the same with mine recently, lollipop is not related. Get a new battery. T-mobile replaced mine, free.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad