I have missing calendar events, how can I get them back?

A

AC Question

Missing Calendar events

I have a Samsung note 4 that I am running version 5.0.1 which I use the stock installed calendar version 1.0.
This probably isnt relevent to my problem but could help... Up until December 2014 I was using an older phone with the same calendar app and had it sync to google calendar with no problems.
In January I started using my note 4 and set it up to sync manually. It worked perfectly until 2 days ago. I clicked sync as usual but upon completion most of my entries disappeared from my phone and are now not on my google calendar on my pc either. It appears that all events that were on my phones calendar were deleted but without knowing 100% that all the missing entries were saved only to the device and not to gmail calendar it is hard to say. The few entries it does still have on the device are from gmail calendar and thats what leads me to believe that maybe the deleted entries were on the phone only.
Is there a recovery software or anything I can do to try to recover these files or should I just give up on recovering these appointments, events etc and move forward?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Missing Calendar events

Welcome to Android Central! Previous to this, were all of the events on your phone syncing with Google Calendar on the web? Could you view those events if you went to the Google Calendar website on your computer? Phone Account events don't sync to Google Calendar, so if you saw them on Google Calendar, then they were associated with your Google account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez