Please help! Stuck on boot screen

morjam401

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I left my phone charging overnight as usual. When I woke up I pressed the home button and the only thing that shows was my wallpaper. Wouldn't show anything else. I then did a battery pull. It now get stuck at the note 4 powered by android screen. A little history in case it helps. This is an at&t model that I am using on t-mobile. It's not rooted or anything. A few weeks ago I downloaded the recent 5.0.1 small update. In the past week a notification keeps appearing and disappearing from the menu. It was dm software download or something which would disappear if i clicked it.
So it's stuck on the boot screen today. I booted in to the recovery screen. It starts by saying "installing system update" with the little android.. Then it goes to recovery menu. At the bottom it says "dm-verity verification failed". I tried to wipe cache and reboot but it still gets stuck at the boot screen. Another small detail is after turning phone off if I plug it in the charger it stays at the grey lighting screen and does not show any battery percentage.
I don't know what to do. I really need my phone today as I am traveling. I hope someone can please help me. Thank you.

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I left my phone charging overnight as usual. When I woke up I pressed the home button and the only thing that shows was my wallpaper. Wouldn't show anything else. I then did a battery pull. It now get stuck at the note 4 powered by android screen. A little history in case it helps. This is an at&t model that I am using on t-mobile. It's not rooted or anything. A few weeks ago I downloaded the recent 5.0.1 small update. In the past week a notification keeps appearing and disappearing from the menu. It was dm software download or something which would disappear if i clicked it.
So it's stuck on the boot screen today. I booted in to the recovery screen. It starts by saying "installing system update" with the little android.. Then it goes to recovery menu. At the bottom it says "dm-verity verification failed". I tried to wipe cache and reboot but it still gets stuck at the boot screen. Another small detail is after turning phone off if I plug it in the charger it stays at the grey lighting screen and does not show any battery percentage.
I don't know what to do. I really need my phone today as I am traveling. I hope someone can please help me. Thank you.

Welcome to Android Central!

If you cleared the cache partition and that didn't fix the issue you may only have a couple of options left. Pull the battery let it sit for a little while. Put it back in and then boot up, if that does not work you might have to choose the factory data reset in the recovery to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674