3rd Party Voicemail Apps Not Working

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
screenshot_2015-06-15-21-00-33.pngI switched to a Note4 from an s5 Active last week.. not sure if it's related to the device switch but none of the third party voicemail apps will work anymore. I been using YouMail for over a year and can no longer access their service, or any other 3rd party vm app for that matter. I called ATT and we went through various settings at length but I was told the issue lies with the 3rd party app. I just find it hard to believe that none of the 3p voicemail apps will work so there has to be something else going on. I can still use the default voicemail which works okay. Here are a couple of screen shots of what I've been dealing with. One is the error code with YouMail, the other with Visual Voicemail during set-up. Anyone out there can help me? I have no idea what the issue is.screenshot_2015-06-15-22-21-21.png

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
When I traded in my iPhone for an S5 last year, I couldn't get my voicemail set up for a week....not even the vm that you call in from the dialer. I forget the exact message that Visual VM gave me, but it very well could have been the same as yours. Anyway, I took the phone back into my local AT&T store and when I explained the problem, the girl said they never activated voicemail for my new phone. A few quick clicks and I was good to go. I know you said you already called AT&T, but if you spoke to tech support, it's possible that they don't have the same view of your account like a salesperson would. Maybe AT&T forgot to transfer your vm over from the old phone to the new one?

Other than that, I can even begin to think of a solution to your problem. Only other thing that comes to mind is that maybe you simply got a bad phone. It sucks, but it's bound to happen with anything that is mass produced. Since you've only had it a week, I can't imagine why you couldn't take it back to AT&T and exchange it for a new one.

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
It definetely seems like a software issue that for whatever reason cannot be repaired on the device. In addition to the hour of troubleshooting with ATT tech support last night, I also did a hard reset wipe and the issue still persists with all 3p voicemail apps. I'm going to the ATT store this morning. I hope they can just swap it out under their warranty.

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
At some point many will encounter this problem with their Note4 but I discovered the solution. Find the "deposit number" of the third-party voicemail service. In YouMail's case it's 857-216-6808. On your device, simply replace ATT's default voicemail number under *SETTINGS*, *APPLICATIONS*, *CALL*. Scroll down to voicemail settings, press it and you will find the default voicemail dial-out number. Replace that number with the YouMail number (or whatever "deposit number" of the 3p service you want to use) and voila, you just found the workaround.

Attachments

• screenshot_2015-06-18-07-31-02.png
    screenshot_2015-06-18-07-31-02.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae