About the metallic frames?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I can't but read people complaining that the metallic frames can get easily scratches with covers, but what about naked?
Why is samsung not using an updated version of the frames to be better in that manner?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
I can't but read people complaining that the metallic frames can get easily scratches with covers, but what about naked?
Why is samsung not using an updated version of the frames to be better in that manner?

I have had my black Note 4 naked since they came out and have had no issues with chipping, dents, scratches, etc. This is electronic gear, if you treat it like gardening tools you will most likely be disappointed. And this brings up another point. The engineered materials (plastics to the uninformed) don't have these problems but for years there has been a hue and cry about "cheap plastic". So now we have "high end material" and hue and cry is (metal scratches and paint chips" -- you think!

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Black Note 4, no case since day one (first week it came out on Verizon). No scratches, marks, or faded paint on the sides at all. Still looks great 8 months later).

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My chamfered edges are all scratched up and I'm so careful with my phone. Except for the one time I dropped it on smooth tiled floor. Theres a tiny dent on one of my corners so I bought a Dbrand skin to cover it. Just today I took off the skin and what came off with it? A flake of white metal in the same spot where it was previously dropped. I found it so weird because the dent wasn't flaking before I put the skin on...

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My chamfered edges are all scratched up and I'm so careful with my phone. Except for the one time I dropped it on smooth tiled floor. Theres a tiny dent on one of my corners so I bought a Dbrand skin to cover it. Just today I took off the skin and what came off with it? A flake of white metal in the same spot where it was previously dropped. I found it so weird because the dent wasn't flaking before I put the skin on...

You used a cover or bumper or it scratched naked?

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a cover for about 2 months and the edges scratched a bit but more while naked. Even though I'm so careful with my phone, I never throw it around or put it on rough surfaces

MiniMendel

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't belive that people like naked. I can't live without a case. Still looking for a good case for my note4.

I'm very clumsy person and I dropped my previous phone 10 times or more ( it 's still working)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Just bought a metal bumper. Tried it on. Noticed how it was hindering with signals. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't. Anyways. Decided to take it off. CAREFULLY. Scuffed the metal edge at the sides of the upper portion of the phone.

Cause: extremely fragile metal and paint used. And the way the metal frame is pushed out from the corners (design; looks beautiful though) doesn't let any hard case sit on it peacefully.

Lesson: avoid hard cases.

I love the note 4.
The sides are all scratched up though.
And I baby my phones as well.
I guess those who do the same see more scratches than those who are a bit sane.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome