Deleting Music App. in 5.0.1

spopop

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 4 with Android 5.0.1 (latest update I could get) and I have installed the PowerAmp music player app but the old Music app gets in the way once in a while. I looked at old posts on deleting the music app but they don't seem to apply to this version. How can I get rid of it and its files? thanks

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Can't delete stock apps as far as I know. If you're using TW, open your app drawer/settings/hide or disable apps. Then select the stock music player to disable it.

Posted via the Android Central App

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to disable it from SETTINGS\APPLICATIONS by tapping on the application then the DISABLE button.

Can you elaborate on how it "gets in the way"?

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
You should be able to disable it from SETTINGS\APPLICATIONS by tapping on the application then the DISABLE button.

Can you elaborate on how it "gets in the way"?

I think I know what the OP is talking about, as I've experienced this myself....

There isn't a way (at least I haven't found a way) to make PA or any other 3rd party music player the default music app on the phone. Whenever I connect my phone via Bluetooth to an external audio system, the stock music app launches automatically. I had to disable the stock player to prevent this from happening.

spopop

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried as leegreg81 suggested but I can only clear cache and "force stop" the app. the disable button is not highlighted or clickable..- it is greyed-out... ???
To millerwa76, I don't know what TW is ??

The music app gets in the way because when I am using poweramp to play music via bluetooth in the car, sometime the original music app jumps in and starts to play songs from its old playlists...

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried as leegreg81 suggested but I can only clear cache and "force stop" the app. the disable button is not highlighted or clickable..- it is greyed-out... ???
To millerwa76, I don't know what TW is ??

The music app gets in the way because when I am using poweramp to play music via bluetooth in the car, sometime the original music app jumps in and starts to play songs from its old playlists...

TW = TouchWiz, which is the stock launcher that comes on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon