Everything has gone to hell on my Note 4.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden my Note 4 has completely gone down the toilet. Last weekend, I updated the Facebook app (I know, please spare the judgment), my phone got laggy and slow, taps weren't being recognized, etc. It froze and went into a boot loop. I went into recovery and wiped the cache which I have NEVER had to do. I've had this Note since release and never had it reboot itself, not even once. After that, it's been nothing but trouble. Rebooted, and didn't install the FB app -

I have removed the 64 gb sandisk card because I remember that being a possible issue.
I have factory reset this thing 6 times now. The first time, I let the phone restore itself from back up. Then I went in and applied all the pending updates to the current software on the phone. Laggyness returned, reboots, freezing up.

I DID get the incremental update to lollipop recently, but it's been weeks between that update and this issue.

I went through several different ways of setting the phone back up after the resets, just to troubleshoot where the issue could be coming from. Upon the latest factory restore, I opted to set up "as a new device" - having done so, I also checked for the updates that were more than two weeks old on the apps that were preinstalled. I figure it was running smoothly then, so those apps must not have been the problem. It's definitely something that's been installed in the last week. I FEAR it's a core app that has the problem, and I can't narrow it down.

When I reset, and leave things alone, the phone works fine. No lag, no freezing. When I begin to use the Play store, I have problems. I know that Google Play services can cause a lot of issues, but have no idea what to do about that. The phone just degrades as hours go by - eventually I restart it, and it sticks at the Note 4 logo. I then have to pull the battery. I've cleared the cache partition more times than I can count.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED to my phone?! I'm going to lose my mind. This thing is useless without apps on it - I'm so frustrated.
Can anyone just point me in the right direction? I have Googled my fingers off - I've done everything I've read, tried every trick I can come up with..

Please help!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to use this mode for a bit to get the issue to repeat itself.... So as long as everything runs smoothly, I know it's not one of the native apps? And this doesn't tell me if it was one of the software updates to a preinstalled app that caused the problem... does it?

AHHH!!! It just rebooted while in Safe Mode - and it won't get past the logo screen without a battery pull, then it goes through a loop of three resets before it makes it... argh!

this is infuriating.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to use this mode for a bit to get the issue to repeat itself.... So as long as everything runs smoothly, I know it's not one of the native apps? And this doesn't tell me if it was one of the software updates to a preinstalled app that caused the problem... does it?

AHHH!!! It just rebooted while in Safe Mode -

Safe mode runs just pre-installed apps. None of your purchased or down loaded apps will be running.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Time to get a replacement ORRR do what I did and downgrade back to Kit Kat! Everyone's experience will be different, but I had a good amount of hiccups with Lollipop and my battery life went to [language removed by mod] while on it. I had finally decided to do a factory reset and try lollipop out fresh, but instantly I could tell the battery still sucked. I went ahead and downgraded to KK yesterday and couldn't be happier!

Last edited by a moderator:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, Sprint replaced the phone because it was a big hot mess. I haven't flashed my own software since a S4 was randomly bricked months after I had done so...weird... so I stopped rooting and flashing. :(

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys, Sprint replaced the phone because it was a big hot mess. I haven't flashed my own software since a S4 was randomly bricked months after I had done so...weird... so I stopped rooting and flashing. :(
Also on Sprint here and after two weeks of having the Note 4. The battery has atarted to act up today. Love this phone to. Guy at sprint said that 5.1.1 is coming and to hold on.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995