Why won't my Galaxy Note 4 stay on or boot up without being plugged into charger?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 4 won't stay on or boot up without being plugged into charger.

It started last night. I came home and found my phone dead. It wouldn't power on. When I plugged it in it stated it had 73 % power and I booted it up and everything and everything works fine. I took it off the charger after getting to 100% and then it dies again won't power on, nothing until I plug it in and then it shows that battery and shows power at 100%. Right now it is working at the moment but it could do it again as last night it worked for a bit then did it again about 4 or 5 times before I finally left it on the charger. Only had the phone for 6 months. Could it be a bad battery.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 4 won't stay on or boot up without being plugged into charger.

It started last night. I came home and found my phone dead. It wouldn't power on. When I plugged it in it stated it had 73 % power and I booted it up and everything and everything works fine. I took it off the charger after getting to 100% and then it dies again won't power on, nothing until I plug it in and then it shows that battery and shows power at 100%. Right now it is working at the moment but it could do it again as last night it worked for a bit then did it again about 4 or 5 times before I finally left it on the charger. Only had the phone for 6 months. Could it be a bad battery.

You either have a defective phone or a bad battery. I'd do a factory reset to see if that helps. Then as a last resort, have it replaced. Hope this helps.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

You either have a defective phone or a bad battery. I'd do a factory reset to see if that helps. Then as a last resort, have it replaced. Hope this helps.
Why advise the user to erase the phone rather than the obvious choice which is to visit a cell phone store and try swapping a charged battery into the device? If it works problem solved, buy a new battery and then work on getting a replacement under warranty....the factory reset should only apply after hardware is ruled out.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Why advise the user to erase the phone rather than the obvious choice which is to visit a cell phone store and try swapping a charged battery into the device? If it works problem solved, buy a new battery and then work on getting a replacement under warranty....the factory reset should only apply after hardware is ruled out.

Didn't think about that. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski