My sd card is acting up

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, run SD Insight to make sure it's not a counterfeit card. (Saving 5 GB to a "64GB" card that really has a 4GB storage chip won't work - the card gets corrupted.)

If it's a legitimate card, see Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card.

Then manually copy a good picture to the card. If that works, it's something in your camera app. If it fails, the card is bad.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Try making sure you sd card hasn't become loose. Also i found the bigger the memory the more they play up. It had problems with a 64g , changed to a 32gb and now it's fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There are many threads on this- from my experience, the only reliable SD card in the Note 4 has been a Samsung-branded card. I've tried Lexus, Sandisk, and about 3 others - all had issues saving images. But since changing to a Samsung-branded card (on 2 phones), I've had no issues. Other's have reported good luck with CERTAIN Sandisk cards (I believe only the lower-end Sandisk cards worked, but you could search the threads for that).

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I know from personal experience this card works fine with both the Note 3 and the Note 4 running KK and L:
Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 128GB UHS-I/U3 Flash Memory Card LSDMI128BBNL633R

The size of the card up to 128GB isn't an issue with the Note 4, Note 3, S5, etc. But stick with brand name cards. Particularly liked are the Samsung cards though in the 128GB size they are much slower than ScanDisk or Lexar cards.

Memory cards have a lifespan. After a certain amount of read/write events have taken place they fail. If your card is more than 3 years old you are very likely reaching or have reached the useful life of that card.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I know from personal experience this card works fine with both the Note 3 and the Note 4 running KK and L:
Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 128GB UHS-I/U3 Flash Memory Card LSDMI128BBNL633R

I'm just quoting my experience - all of the cards I tried worked for a while, but all started getting write-errors after a while. The Samsung-branded cards that I have in a Note 3 and Note 4 haven't had those issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles