Adaptive fast charging seems to have stopped working

sj55555

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I own a Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T running Lollipop v5.0.1. I used to marvel at how quickly my phone would charge, but today I noticed that it is no longer charging quickly. I've had it plugged in for nearly 3 hours, and it's gone from 15% to 40%.

I used to recall seeing "Fast Charging" or something to that effect on the lock screen when the device was plugged in, but now it says "Charging".

Under the Battery screen in the Settings, I see that Fast Charging is checked. I'm at a loss right now.

I've seen some people posting in other forums that fast charging stopped working after the Lollipop update, but I've had Lollipop for a while now, and I'm fairly certain fast charging did, in fact, work at some point since I took the update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to try a different (but comparable) USB cable or wall charger?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Try a different cable if you have one. My own original Samsung fast charger packed up after about six weeks. Vodacom replaced it. So it could well be the charger.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Make sure whatever cable you're using is plugged in completely on both ends. That little oversight gave me a lot of trouble with a third-party charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have disabled fast charge, slow charge gets me 36-48 hours and takes 2 hours to charge on slow charge. Suits me.

Posted via the Android Central App

sj55555

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I picked up another OEM charger, and I'm get the same result. Adaptive fast charging just stopped working. It takes forever to charge now.

sj55555

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I plugged my device into my computer with a USB cable to transfer some files, and Windows wouldn't recognize the device. That's when I realized there was a micro USB port issue. I called Samsung customer service, and they wrote me up a ticket. My phone is now on its way to Texas for service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol