S-View or LED Case

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a genuine Samsung folio case so like the Soviet without the window, the case is by fair one of the best I've used as it doesn't add any bulk to an already big phone, plus I can put my bank card inside the case which saves me carrying my wallet.

Posted via the Android Central App

LukeJM93

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For the LED case, does anybody know if non-stock SMS apps (like textra) will show up with the SMS indicator and counter on this case? Or will it just show the notification indicator?

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've been using an S View case since right after getting the phone. I tried a couple of aftermarket ones for better grip and all that jazz but have stuck with the S View. I just like the way it looks and feels plus the cover camera comes in really handy. No text pop-up on the screen but I use individual tones for the important contacts that text me and if I get one from them it's no biggie to open the case and the pop-up shows on the phone screen.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

katemarieuk

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the white s view case and swap between that and the original one.
I have found taking photos can be tricky with the s view case attached but that could just be down to technique.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the white s view case and swap between that and the original one.
I have found taking photos can be tricky with the s view case attached but that could just be down to technique.

I'm with you. I love the S-View as well as the LED Flip Wallet but I always go back to a normal case because it is nearly impossible to easily take pictures with a flip case.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the LED flip case and I love, love, love it. If you use another texting app, it will show up with the generic text notification, unfortunately.

My favourite things are that it looks super modern and futuristic. People ask me about it all the time. The nice thing also is, mobile use is frowned upon in my work place, and it allows me to discreetly see notifications when I have it sitting on my desk, and I can go address them when I have time.

It also, in essence, can save you battery life, because your screen won't be illuminating itself when getting notifications. Just the LEDs. Negligible, but still worth mentioning.

I have the charcoal one, and I just love it.

LukeJM93

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the LED flip case and I love, love, love it. If you use another texting app, it will show up with the generic text notification, unfortunately.

So if I am using textra it will still have the envelope and counter thing?
Or just the 4 spinning dots?

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
So if I am using textra it will still have the envelope and counter thing?
Or just the 4 spinning dots?

Oh woops, I messed up my sentence, haha. It's the generic four spinning dots thing. Only stock apps (email/text/music) will show the specific notification.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the led case as well and love it. All my music players show the animation on the cover. Spotify Pandora stock music etc

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I like the look f the LED case on the device over the S-view case. But I do switch them up time to time. Not a bad thing to have both.

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the plum red one on my black note 4, loved the look of it. Very premium looking case. Also have the s-view in white/black/red too. I kind of prefer the s-view as you can at least interact with the case, whereas the led case, well as goes by its name, its only for led notifications, cant really do anything else other than makes the phone look amazing lol.

I prefer the S-view over the LED for useage, and would go with the LED for looks no doubt. But both offer similar. The choice is yours.