Sudden Screen Shot Ability Not Working

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago when I pushed the power and home buttons to take a screen shot it no longer took a screen shot but started asking if I wanted to use S Voice or Google to finish action (like it didn't register the power button part). I uninstalled every app that had updated for a week prior to when the trouble started and every bloatware update I took back to factory original but it didn't stop it.
I did a reboot and it worked fine until this morning when it started again. A reboot fixed it again but I'm at a loss since it has started up again. I've not updated anything new or installed any new apps.
AT&T Note4, not rooted, 5.01, Nova Launcher .
I do a cache wipe every couple of weeks and did my last one Friday evening.
Any help would be appreciated. There might be a setting somewhere I changed that I can't remember or maybe did so by accident.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago when I pushed the power and home buttons to take a screen shot it no longer took a screen shot but started asking if I wanted to use S Voice or Google to finish action (like it didn't register the power button part). I uninstalled every app that had updated for a week prior to when the trouble started and every bloatware update I took back to factory original but it didn't stop it.
I did a reboot and it worked fine until this morning when it started again. A reboot fixed it again but I'm at a loss since it has started up again. I've not updated anything new or installed any new apps.
AT&T Note4, not rooted, 5.01, Nova Launcher .
I do a cache wipe every couple of weeks and did my last one Friday evening.
Any help would be appreciated. There might be a setting somewhere I changed that I can't remember or maybe did so by accident.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Does swiping across the screen with the side of your palm not work for the screenshot? I find it way easier to do it that way.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having that problem too off and on. I don't have palm swipe turned on because I was getting a bunch of accidental screenshots.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use my S pen to bring up the mini menu and use the screen shot widget on said menu. Much more efficient than the other two methods mentioned.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I use my S pen to bring up the mini menu and use the screen shot widget on said menu. Much more efficient than the other two methods mentioned.
Ever since lollipop I get the air view options menu embedded in mine when I use the s pen for a screen shot if I take more than one. Sucks when I want to take a few for sharing how tos on forums to members having difficulties using features or apps.
Thanks for yalls answers.
Hopefully it's an app that'll update and fix the fragmentation error because dad burn if I can find anything with the uninstall one at a time then reboot phone method I'm trying now.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith