Why can't I edit videos taken by phone on the phone?

paulb104

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Cannot edit videos taken by phone on the phone!

I just took three videos with my Note 4. Two of them are thirty three minutes, the third is eleven minutes. All are at 1920x1080.

The included editor will not edit the two larger files.

The Samsung Essentials Video Editor will not edit the two larger files.

It's kind of ridiculous that a video taken with the phone cannot be edited by the phone.

Is there an app that I can use to combine them?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cannot edit videos taken by phone on the phone!

That's odd... I've taken 40-minute long videos and edited them right on the phone with Samsung's Video Editor. Does it give you any error? For large videos it takes QUITE A WHILE before it processes it and lets you go to the edit options...

paulb104

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cannot edit videos taken by phone on the phone!

Yes, I'm getting error messages.

When I'm in Gallery and select Studio, I get this message "Unsupported files. Some of the selected files are not supported by Video clip studio, or you may have selected 2 or more UHD/WQHD video clips. Remove the unsupported files or replace them with new files using the Edit mode." On he next screen there is a thumbnail of the file with an overlaid image of a film strip with an unhappy face.

Then, also in Gallery, when I click on the scissors I get the message "Unable to trim file. File too large."

In Samsung's Video Editor, the two video's have an exclamation point in a circle on their top right corner and when I go to select one of those files I get the message "Unsupported format will not be added to the timeline".

Both files are 33:10 and 4GB.

I don't know how you got forty minute files. At 33:10, the camera stopped recording on its own. I wasn't even holding the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21