Note 4 $1 with 2 yr. upgrade on Sprint - should I buy?

Hypnotic

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, don't post here really but would like some credible feedback. I currently have had the GS4 as my phone the last year and a half and been wanting to upgrade. With the new leasing options the carriers have, it doesn't leave you much choice depending on the price of the phone. I have wanted to get the Nexus 6 but on 2 yr. contract its $199 and was hoping it would drop. My bill is 180 for 3 lines and my wife says we are not paying monthly on a phone for 12/24 months which would add to our bill. 2 yr. upgrade is how we have always went. Since upgrading to Lollipop, the battery has been draining pretty bad on my GS4 and I have tried everything from resetting my device to power save mode. My question is should I wait for another device on Sprint that would have a reasonable 2 yr. contract price or go for the Note 4 which is currently $1 with a 2 year upgrade at Best Buy. I know the Note 4 is awesome. How is the battery with Lollipop now? Just want to get some opinions before I pull the trigger and get it. Thoughts?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 $1 with 2 yr. upgrade on Sprint

Hello all, don't post here really but would like some credible feedback. I currently have had the GS4 as my phone the last year and a half and been wanting to upgrade. With the new leasing options the carriers have, it doesn't leave you much choice depending on the price of the phone. I have wanted to get the Nexus 6 but on 2 yr. contract its $199 and was hoping it would drop. My bill is 180 for 3 lines and my wife says we are not paying monthly on a phone for 12/24 months which would add to our bill. 2 yr. upgrade is how we have always went. Since upgrading to Lollipop, the battery has been draining pretty bad on my GS4 and I have tried everything from resetting my device to power save mode. My question is should I wait for another device on Sprint that would have a reasonable 2 yr. contract price or go for the Note 4 which is currently $1 with a 2 year upgrade at Best Buy. I know the Note 4 is awesome. How is the battery with Lollipop now? Just want to get some opinions before I pull the trigger and get it. Thoughts?

the note 5 will be out in the next several months unless you use a SD card which the note 5 won't have a SD card slot

Posted via the Android Central App

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I see that amazon wireless is selling a Verizon version for $1 also. I have a reup on my contract in a few days so I am going with a note 4 if the price holds.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The phone is a lot different with the notes/stylus. It is a good deal even without the stylus. Not great but good. The phone would take longer than 2 years to be behind much of anything else but it probably won't last much longer than it.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The phone is a lot different with the notes/stylus. It is a good deal even without the stylus. Not great but good. The phone would take longer than 2 years to be behind much of anything else but it probably won't last much longer than it.

For me I don't care about updates that break the phone to the point of constant lag and battery usage that is not close to what it was before the update. I want a note 4 for a dollar so that I can use my money on other things that I want. I have a note 2 so I am happy with getting a note 4 for $100 or less. That's a very good deal.