Note 4 very slow after Lollipop upgrade

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had terrible performance with my Verizon Note 4 after upgrading to 5.0.1. Scrolling on apps is very delayed, switching apps, going to home screen, etc is slow. Battery drain is worse also. I've already cleared cache from bootloader. Any other suggestions?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop absolutely sucked for me! The only way to make it better was to roll back to KK. If after a few days you aren't happy, I would suggest rolling back.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hate to suggest this but a factor reset did wonders for mine. It's a pain but worth the time it takes.

W/ Kies, it takes maybe an hour and a half. I literally just did it at work yesterday. It's a breeze and absolutely worth it. You literally have to click your mouse like 4 times for everything to be backed up then restored after the wipe. The only thing that was missing was small crap like my info on the lock screen, the Nexus6 ringtones I downloaded, and very few settings.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory data reset?

I did. And still when I have a notification, I unlock my screen, pull down my notification shade to click on the notification, and I could go outside to mow my .33 acre lawn and trim the edges before my Note will open the corresponding app from the notification.

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Will the Note 4 get Android M? Let alone 5.1.1? What's interesting is I read the other thread about "I got mine" and know one is talking about the lollipop. I figured since it was such a huge disappointment for the Note 4, that people would move on. I have until Next week Wed to exchange or keep my iPhone 6+ So I'm trying to see what people are experiencing now. So far most are shying away from the Note 5 but what I don't miss is touch whiz and the slow updates of android. I'm with Verizon btw.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12