What is Download js.moatad.com?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was just cruising the internet and looked at a number of websites. At some point a download occurred called js.moatad.com. I never selected any download. I was on ratemyprofessors.com ratemyteachers.com and linkedin. I only noticed the download when I was done browsing. I deleted it immediately. I deleted cookies in samsung internet app. I ran a virus scan on avg antivirus free. It found no viruses.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It is "moatad.js" not moatd

I have already googled and found nothing I understood except it is javascript of some kind. Is it a virus? Perhaps someone else will help?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you think by deleting the download then deleting the cookies and cache in browser I have eliminated it? I've never seen a file of any kind download all by itself just by cruising the net. I did have cookies enabled so I just disabled it. Of course my fear is malware. I really don't care if someone tracks me for ad specificity but I don't want anyone to steal my data etc.

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Appears to be javascript adware. I would say delete it and clear all browsing cache and cookies. If you have flash enabled in a browser, set it so it prompts you to use the plugin so only sites you trust will use it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do have flash but I did not think Samsung stock browser could run flash. Anyway I did those other things you mentioned. Thanks so much for a clear answer!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance