Why isn't my SD Card being read by my Note 4?

A

AC Question

SD Not Being Read by Note 4

I have a very specific problem that I have been trying to solve.

I have a Galaxy Note 4.

For the past few days, my phone has not been able to read the SD card and is stuck on "Preparing SD Card"

Here are the facts I have come up with:

- My phone will not read any SD card and will continuously stay at "Preparing SD card" no matter how long any card is in the phone
- The current SD card can be read in others phones and my computer.

This leads me to believe the SD card is not corrupted and that the files may still be able to be accessed. The other info I have found from forums tells me the best way to get the phone to read an SD card again is to reset it, but I don't want to do that.

I would be so appreciative of any suggestions.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: SD Not Being Read by Note 4

Have you tried plugging it into your computer to see if it can be read? If not, it may just be the SD card. Did you remove it and unmount it before removing it? If you don't unmount it, that could screw things up. Always unmount it before removing.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There are many threads on this - not all SD cards will work. From my experience, the only cards that have been reliable over time are the "Samsung" branded cards.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue with my Note 4. I did everything including full reset the phone and nothing worked. I knew my card was good.

Then I installed Cyanogenmod 12.1 (lollipop 5.1.1). My card works fine with CM12.1, the phone of cause doesn't lag now either, feels like a new device. Of cause you lose some S Pen functions and the superior camera. But the S Pen still works fine for what I need it for, the only shame is losing that camera processing, the current one is not bad though.

So all in all I think it is a problem with their (Samsung) software that causes a failure to read external SD card.

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1