note 4 screen left justifed after replacement screen

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I had a new screen put in my note 4 and noticed it's left justifed very slightly. Now I've noticed it I can't Un notice it.can I get the screen aligned perfectmy under my warranty?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a new screen put in my note 4 and noticed it's left justifed very slightly. Now I've noticed it I can't Un notice it.can I get the screen aligned perfectmy under my warranty?

It sounds like you got it installed by a 3rd party or you did it. This would void your warranty.

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Samsung service center did it.it cost me 160 pounds.I phoned them and they said they won't align it as they don't see the problem lol.so I want to know if I can get it aligned on my warranty As it's bugging me or am I forced to live with a non central screen.the black border on the right side is 0.5mm thicker than the left side.so the screen need to be moved over to the right a bit to be central like it used to be

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
It's not really noticeable so I won't post pics .but now I've noticed it ocdlike won't let me ignore it.I've still got 15 months left of my contract

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I won't take it back to repair centre as I phoned them and they are being rude saying they can't see the issue lol.I will take it back to the store I bought it from and get them to send it off .but it's extremely anal issue and most people wouldn't care about it .but things like this bother me and I want it perfect like it was before.you know the tiny black borders around the screen the right side is thicker than the left and the top is thicker than the bottom meaning the screen is not centred anymore

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't going to post a pic as I don't think u guys will see what I mean but here we go

Last edited:

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I understand you and I can easily see the thickness difference.

I have this same problem with my iPad. I dropped it and screen is now right justified with a thicker black blank space on left. I can't look at the screen without being distracted and its hard for me randevois with their nonsense genius bar warranty service so I got used to living with it.

But then again I have symmetromania :)

Good luck with Samsung warranty service which will pretend they do not see the problem even if they notice it.

Posted via the Android Central App

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
It's really pissin me off.I'm going to demand Samsung to fix it under warranty. I can't live another year or more looking at it.your correct the [language removed] will try to say they can't see the problem and just send me my phone back Un fixed.also I can push the glass down in the top right corner 1mm .so it's not stuck down properly either

Last edited by a moderator:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I think your correct, they will not do anything. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but neither would I. I'd send it back to you without doing anything. Sorry, the best I can tell it might be off a little (maybe), but I don't think it would be even close to unacceptable.

Edit: just read the part about it being loose in the top corner, I would fix that part for you.

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I think your correct, they will not do anything. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but neither would I. I'd send it back to you without doing anything. Sorry, the best I can tell it might be off a little (maybe), but I don't think it would be even close to unacceptable.

Edit: just read the part about it being loose in the top corner, I would fix that part for you.

To glue Down the top right hand side of the glass they will have to remove the entire panel anyway so they can then reinstall the screen correctly?

luap123

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
It would bug me too but maybe that is as close as they can get it when they replace the screens by hand.

I don't believe that.I really want to send it in tomorrow but I'm 99 percent sure it will be sent back to me saying nothing is wrong.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe that.I really want to send it in tomorrow but I'm 99 percent sure it will be sent back to me saying nothing is wrong.
I would try to send it in too if it were my device especially since you spent a decent amount of money to get it replaced. If they say it isn't noticeable then they are full of it.

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
If i was in your place id be fuming over this. If I forked out £160 id expect a perfect job to be done, especially if it was done by Samsung! I'd push them to get it sorted asap if they can't get it to align properly then it could be an issue with the screen they have replaced, so would need to replace it once again with another one! Or if not this then ask them to replace the whole phone for a brand new handset!!! May seem a little over the top but at the end of the day you've bought a product and a service of them and expect it to be top quality!