Change of Heart?

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Have had my Note 4 for about two weeks now. Made my adjustments in the settings so the battery would last. It has been great up until this morning. Went to sleep last with it plugged in. Unplugged this morning and the battery life is decreasing but not at an alarming rate. It doesn't decrease in standby mode but once I start using it it does have more than usual steady decrease. Still tinkering around with it. I'm really kinda torn now cause the window to return my device was yesterday so my upgrade is official on Sprint. The flipside is I only paid a $1 for this phone, $1.07 after tax. A friend that is a power ebay seller and amazon seller told me he would either auction or sell it for me. The going rate it seems on ebay is 300 range. I also have a brand new otterbox defender case I will sell with it. I'm gonna give it some days to see if I can fix whats wrong on it but if not what price you think is fair? Weighing my options to see if I can sell it and buy me an unlocked device to use with Sprint. Thoughts?

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
You might want to check if you can get a slightly better deal on Swappa.com. eBay charges 10%fee while Swappa charges a flat $10.
Also why don't you get a new battery and see if that is something that might help you?

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
but your sprint contract likely lists the $ 849 price of the phone which you still owe over the life of your contract period ? Right ?

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
but your sprint contract likely lists the $ 849 price of the phone which you still owe over the life of your contract period ? Right ?

... yea I wouldn't sell if I were you. Sure, it cost you a buck up front, but you're definitely paying for the phone monthly.

If you're in good standing with your carrier, why not swing by and see if they'll still let you return it? It would only be a couple of days over.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
... yea I wouldn't sell if I were you. Sure, it cost you a buck up front, but you're definitely paying for the phone monthly.

If you're in good standing with your carrier, why not swing by and see if they'll still let you return it? It would only be a couple of days over.

Tried that and they literally laughed at me.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Disabling the two back lights (on either side of the home button), turning screen brightness to auto, installing a dark walpaper, and disabling the "always allow wifi scanning" were huge in reducing power consumption.

I an used to the functions that the back lights illuminate. I have no trouble tapping the back or multitasking buttons without seeing them. I originally turned them off because they were too bright for night reading. Then I noticed the power savings.

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Disabling the two back lights (on either side of the home button), turning screen brightness to auto, installing a dark walpaper, and disabling the "always allow wifi scanning" were huge in reducing power consumption.

I an used to the functions that the back lights illuminate. I have no trouble tapping the back or multitasking buttons without seeing them. I originally turned them off because they were too bright for night reading. Then I noticed the power savings.

The second half of today has been much better on battery life.
a72d38e9aea1968cddac91ac763eab2c.jpg

~Blessed From My Note 4~

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
The forums don't need another battery thread, so I'll piggyback on this one.

I get about 5-6 hrs of on-screen time per charge, but I've noticed a serious drop in battery today. Less than 90 min ost and I'm down to 62%....haven't used anything that I would consider to be a major battery suck either. Thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• 1438352531164.jpg
    1438352531164.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 26
  • 1438352545481.jpg
    1438352545481.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 26