About to throw my Note 4

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
All of a sudden my phone is freezing up on me and restarting itself. . I have also noticed it getting warm a few times. I haven't downloaded any new apps and I have already wiped the catch partition.

Any ideas???

Posted via the Android Central App

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
All of a sudden my phone is freezing up on me and restarting itself. . I have also noticed it getting warm a few times. I haven't downloaded any new apps and I have already wiped the catch partition.

Any ideas???

How long have you had the phone?

~Blessed From My Note 4~

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a battery pull? This is why I refuse to buy a phone with a sealed battery. If the battery pull doesn't solve the problem, you may have to do a factory reset. If that doesn't do it, you probably have a hardware issue.

Posted from my Sammy Note 4

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Try removing your sd card for awhile and see if the problem persists. Weird things happen when SD cards go bad.
sD card has nothing to do with it.... Why do people think that??.. That provides more space not make your phone freeze...never had an SD card Issue with Android

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
sD card has nothing to do with it.... Why do people think that??.. That provides more space not make your phone freeze...never had an SD card Issue with Android

A corrupted SD card certainly will cause your phone to behave erratically. I've had first hand experience with two different Samsung phones doing precisely that. A new SD card fixed it.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Not true.

This happened to my previous phone too. It would wreak havoc on my phone (freeze, crash, etc) whenever I launched the camera since all pictures were set to go to the SD card.

When I took the SD card out, set the camera to save to internal memory, the phone was fine after that.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Ended up taking my phone back to the metro pcs store I got it out. They had samsung look at it and determined it was software issues and they replaced my phone

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If they determined it was software issues a factory reset or full wipe/flash via Kies would have fixed it...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
If they determined it was software issues a factory reset or full wipe/flash via Kies would have fixed it...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Samsung said it was software issues and replaces it. I had already done a full factory reset more than once and it didn't help anything