note 4 5.1.1 update.

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have a clue as to why it's taking so long? I'm considering flashing cyanogenmod 12.1 nightly

Posted via the Android Central App
Save the best for last I guess? I dunno. The rep at Sprint who is more knowledgeable than most I have I dealt with says when unpack occurs on the 13th for the Note 5 is when it will be pushed out.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's more info than I got from sprint all they would tell me is they can't speculate on when updates will be pushed and that Samsung pushes them. So in tweeted samsung....they tell me ask your carrier it's there job the send the updates....WTF lol....thanks for a little clarity!

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked phone in Thailand no update here or worldwide except a few in Russia..

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have to ask, is 5.1.1 really going to make any real difference for anyone other than to create a new thread with the update issues.

Ok, I'm cynical, but I seem to see nothing more than bug fixes and the question of what is in the next release.

Am I missing something here?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have to ask, is 5.1.1 really going to make any real difference for anyone other than to create a new thread with the update issues.

Ok, I'm cynical, but I seem to see nothing more than bug fixes and the question of what is in the next release.

Well..... Start a thread on something you would like to discuss.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting for the update. Never had problems updating it for many years.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Well, 5.1.1 is the most stable version of Lollipop that's officially released. Excluding any device specific issues. I'm eagerly anticipating it, hoping for a little boost in battery life... Lollipop has memory leaks, too, and 5.1.1 is the best chance at a fix, yet. I'd much rather have M, but... Mmmm "Doze". Can't wait.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's more info than I got from sprint all they would tell me is they can't speculate on when updates will be pushed and that Samsung pushes them. So in tweeted samsung....they tell me ask your carrier it's there job the send the updates....WTF lol....thanks for a little clarity!

I think what Samsung was trying to tell you is that the carriers already have the update, they just need to push it out. Of course each carrier has to fine tune the update for their network. I'm on Sprint too so I am also waiting. But I want them to get it right. I don't want it messing up my phone.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a clue as to why it's taking so long? I'm considering flashing cyanogenmod 12.1 nightly

I've noticed here in the last week a lot of my apps are getting updates. And I mean a lot. In the past that usually preceded an OS update. Maybe not right away but certainly in the near future.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The Sprint rep didn't have a clue, but to sound like he/she knew something they gave your false info. The carriers have had it for a while now for testing and to put add whatever they want to it. It's always up to the carriers to release these OS updates after they complete testing on their devices. Personally, I don't believe any of the carriers will release any updates before the official Samsung outing of the Note 5 on August 13. They may even wait until the phone is released for sale. So I wouldn't look for a Note 4 update until after that.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This is the one thing that has me doubting any more Samsung upgrades. Getting tired of update games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs