Battery life vs screen on time since latest update... I'm looking at coming back to the note 4

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'm looking at coming back to the Note 4 from my G4.. With the G4 I go from 100% to %15 with in the day and only get about 2 hours of screen on time.. I'm seeing on here a lot of people getting 5-6 hours of screen on time. So this is my question.... Since the latest update how is battery life? With brightness set at 70-75% for most of the day (not on the phone much at that setting) then lower once home (more screen on time then) can you get more that 2 hours of screen on time, more around 3-4 hours???

during the day my phone stays in my pocket for most of the day except for a few 15 minutes or so of facebook, instagram and emails, then at night when home I'm on my phone for about an hour or more. During work im kinda outside so brightness is at 70% at home its 30%

Thanks

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the G4 for a week, battery awful, it bricked on me soon after. Went for Note 4, best move ever. Not had any bother with G3. G4 plain awful. That's my view.

Posted via the Android Central App

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
You will definitely get more than 2 hours of SOT. I left for work at 7am with 100% it's now 2pm and I have 70% left with 1hr43min SOT. I use it similarly to how you described your use 10-15 minute sessions of email messaging and a little game play every hour or so.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I'm looking at coming back to the Note 4 from my G4.. With the G4 I go from 100% to %15 with in the day and only get about 2 hours of screen on time.. I'm seeing on here a lot of people getting 5-6 hours of screen on time. So this is my question.... Since the latest update how is battery life? With brightness set at 70-75% for most of the day (not on the phone much at that setting) then lower once home (more screen on time then) can you get more that 2 hours of screen on time, more around 3-4 hours???

during the day my phone stays in my pocket for most of the day except for a few 15 minutes or so of facebook, instagram and emails, then at night when home I'm on my phone for about an hour or more. During work im kinda outside so brightness is at 70% at home its 30%

Thanks
Ips of the G4 vs super amoled of the Note4 puts the battery potential squarely in the corner of Samsung, especially at your higher brightness. IPS is a fancy word for LCD which uses a backlight, which uses energy. Amoled powers individual pixels so you can theoretically improve things greatly by using darker themes, wallpapers and app settings.
Might I suggest you look at an app called ScreenDim? By rule on your G4 when you increase/decrease the brightness the backlight and pixels change accordingly. The app I mention separates the 2, allowing you to increase brightness without as much backlight increase, saving battery. It not only can save battery throughout the day but also eliminates that bleached look of so many LCD screens, especially at higher brightness, making darker colors more snappy and vivid . It was a must have on my Fire tablet, Nexus7 and G2 for both battery savings and color trueness.
But back on topic, my screen on time is a bit better since the latest update but my battery problems weren't my screen, they were, and still are, Android System as my biggest user. I got about 5-8 hours of SOT with Kit Kat and I get about half that now, worse when lollipop first pushed to my phone by about half an hour, but like I said it's not the screen wasting the battery.
Here's a link to the try before buy version of ScreenDim
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=APPU_1_f928VZ3aBsaz-AHugIrABw&token=uYMAcKtD
Hope it helps while you decide which way to go with your phone choices

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan