Adding shotcuts to folders

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading to Lollipop I'm no longer able to add app/game shortcuts to my homescreens folders by the usual method.

When I open the folders, I get the 3 dot option appear but on selection, the only option I get is to change the colour of the background. I can still add apps but pressing and holding the app in the app drawer then copying/dragging to the homescreen folder but this isn't ideal.

This happens for existing as well as newly created folders.

Does anyone know of a fix for this please? Kinda reluctant to perform a factory reset as I will lose a lot of game/app data.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you move the app or game to the home screen (from the app drawer) then drag it into the folder? Let us know.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Now you add the folder initially from your app drawer. Long press on the first app you want in the folder and drag it to the create folder icon at the top. Then you can click the + to add other apps. Once the folder is created you can also drag and drop apps in it as usual.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Can you move the app or game to the home screen (from the app drawer) then drag it into the folder? Let us know.

I can drag and drop which is better than nothing but before updating to Lollipop, I used to be able to open a folder and select a + option which enabled me to add multiple apps at the same time. I no longer have that option.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Now you add the folder initially from your app drawer. Long press on the first app you want in the folder and drag it to the create folder icon at the top. Then you can click the + to add other apps. Once the folder is created you can also drag and drop apps in it as usual.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is the correct option to use

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So does this mean that after initially creating a folder and adding items, the only way to add more is by dragging and dropping?

Seems like a backward step if that is the case.
I believe it is. Are you able to drag apps into folders as we have suggested?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11