How to use Voice Mail

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'll bet there is an easier way. I have a Note4 and using AT&T. I am finding that voice mail is not working well. It seems like I am missing messages because they don't always show up, at least the way I am using it and it seems like the way I enter the system is not efficient.

To check for voice mail I hit the Phone icon, then the Keyboard icon, then the blue Envelope/Recorder icon in the bottom left of the screen, and then I look in the All tab. Preceding this I can sometimes see that there is a new voicemail waiting to be heard because there is an little red circle on the Phone icon. But it seems that sometimes I have new messages without there being the little red circle. So sometimes I completely miss that someone has left me a message.

I'm also seeing that sometimes I go back and forth between the All and New tabs and get changing lists as I go back and forth making me think that something between Galaxy and AT&T doesn't work right.

What's the most efficient way to use voicemail? I would think there is one button solution?

Steve

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
To me, your Carrier supplies the Voicemail App and that does the work. I'm with Verizon and the only Voicemail App on the phone is from Verizon. When someone leaves me a message, I see a film roll icon in the upper notification bar above the desktop. I swipe that down, click on the message notification and it takes me right to the Verizon Voicemail App. I didn't set that up either - it was on the phone when I got it NEW from Verizon. Of course, I had to record the outgoing message etc., but that's it. I'd check with AT&T and see what they say - might even be info on their "Wireless" web site. Sorry... that's all I've got!

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Steve, you should have a Visual Voicemail app in your app tray. It similar to Apple voicemail, see and save messages on your phone. No need to call VM after your set up phone call to make it learn. Try it, it's great, a good preloaded app. one of the few from AT&T in MHO.

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, AT&Ts supplied Visual Voicemail app turns out to be the one click solution I need. I've moved that app to be on the home page right above the Phone app. I will use that. Thanks.Screenshot_2015-08-02-07-08-06.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante