note 4 edges get scratched up too easily

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried to trade for a 6 plus, told my phone looks beat up and I kept in a case almost a year.

The bottom get scratched wayyy too easily,even in a case.

Drops the retail value since it looks tacky.

Just a quick rant.

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Tried to trade for a 6 plus, told my phone looks beat up and I kept in a case almost a year.

The bottom get scratched wayyy too easily,even in a case.

Drops the retail value since it looks tacky.

Just a quick rant.

Had a verus case on mine from new. Taken it off, not a mark, looks brand new.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The chamfered edges do get scratched up easily just from taking cases on and off. How bad depends on the case though. I have not had the actual painted metal edge get scratched though at all. I really think it depends on the case. I've used Spigen and Tech 21.

Sent from my Note 4

rhinodyson

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Took my case off while in the car had it on the seat, slid down between the seat ant it put a small gouge in the side. I smoothed out on marble and its barely noticeable. These Note 4s are not made to be out of a case.

cybertec69

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The chamfered edges do get scratched up easily just from taking cases on and off. How bad depends on the case though. I have not had the actual painted metal edge get scratched though at all. I really think it depends on the case. I've used Spigen and Tech 21.

Sent from my Note 4
I just use some polishing compound for jewelry and it makes those chamfered edges look like new.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the Samsung protective cover, I change cases once a week, that's the problem. I big deal, phone works fine just the edges are pretty beat up.

Mecomug

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the tech 21 cover and I've taken it off quite a fee timed and no scratches. It is quite pricey but worth every cent. Protects the phone on another level

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the tech 21 cover and I've taken it off quite a fee timed and no scratches. It is quite pricey but worth every cent. Protects the phone on another level

I have the Tech 21 as well. Great case and easy to take off and put back on. I swap the battery once per day on average so I have to have a case that's easy to remove. I do have light scratches on the chamfered edges but they were there from a prior owner. I'm not sure what case they used. Doesn't bother me. The rest of the phone is perfect.

Sent from my Note 4

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
You gotta admit, Samsung did a really nice job of adhering two useless thin metal strips to the plastic frame.

The bad part is Samsung "misrepresented" the strips in their advertising by saying the Note 4 has a "metal frame".

It DOESN'T... the "frame" is PLASTIC! Uhhh... with little scratch-able metal strips!

Just my quick rant!