Will the Note 4 get Samsung Pay?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be a big mistake for Samsung not to include older phones. Can you imagine the loss? The Note 4 and others will be able to use it.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking it was something in the hardware that supports Samsung Pay, therefore older phones won't be able to use it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bhartman36

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to use Samsung Pay the same as you'd use Android Pay. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use the "tap at any register" feature, because as far as I know, that relies on hardware in the newer devices.

Of course, the technology Samsung uses is LoopPay, which can be purchased separately.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So I guess the question then becomes will Samsung eventually adopt older hardware into Samsung Pay without the MST feature and just have the NFC based tap to pay option available for those devices?

Personally I don't care . . I'm rooted so I'm not using either Android Pay or Samsung Pay . . .

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I guess the question then becomes will Samsung eventually adopt older hardware into Samsung Pay without the MST feature and just have the NFC based tap to pay option available for those devices?

Personally I don't care . . I'm rooted so I'm not using either Android Pay or Samsung Pay . . .

Doubt it, using MST is why Samsung Pay is superior and why vendors don't have to pay to accept it, like Android and Apple Pay require.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree that MST is a significant advantage but I also wonder if there'd be considerations to be made regarding whether or not banks would support it if the target audience is limited rather than adopting the older tech to bring in a bigger group immediately.

IMO it's unlikely too, from Samsung's perspecive . . fact of the matter is, MST adds value to the current flagships so leave Samsung Pay closed so that people have a reason to upgrade to the new devices.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree that MST is a significant advantage but I also wonder if there'd be considerations to be made regarding whether or not banks would support it if the target audience is limited rather than adopting the older tech to bring in a bigger group immediately.

IMO it's unlikely too, from Samsung's perspecive . . fact of the matter is, MST adds value to the current flagships so leave Samsung Pay closed so that people have a reason to upgrade to the new devices.

I expect Samsung to be selling the technology to others. Also Samsung has the market share outside of the US, good chance they will be putting this in all their new phones. It could go like electronic payments have gone, at first just a handful did it, then it suddenly became the norm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay