How do I get rid of ads?

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Idk if I downloaded an app that is causing it or what but I am all of a sudden having a bunch of ads popping up on my screen when I'm try to do stuff. How do I figure what is causing it?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I get ride of ads

You probably unwittingly installed some adware along with some recent app or game. Uninstall apps one by one until the behavior goes away.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I get ride of ads

Mine has started doing the same. But here is the weird part. My wife has an old HTC Evo 4G lte. Hers is starting to pop up ads. A guy at work has the Samsung s6 and his is doing it also. But the one thing we have in common is sprint

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to throw my phone. I can't do anything without an add popping up. I am beyond annoyed at this point

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this only happening when you're using the browser, or does it also happen when using other apps?

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Is this only happening when you're using the browser, or does it also happen when using other apps?

It happens all of the time, no matter what I am doing. I downloaded an Antivirus and did a scan. It found a couple of apps causing ads so I deleted them. Hopefully it helps

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine had this happen on his and his families s6 active. I found they were all using a free music downloader so i had them delete the app and as soon as they did the ads went away

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you have to expect that any app offering "free" stuff will have a high chance of adware or malware. :-\

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Back in the day, an old tech support fix would be to write down the apps you have, disable (or uninstall) half (or a bunch) of them and see if the problem goes away. If it goes away, you know that one (or more) of the problem apps were in the disabled bunch. And then narrow it down from there.

Also, if you have everything backed up, wipe the device and like noted above, re-install stuff one by one (or in small bunches). You should be able to isolate which apps are bad then too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol